• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Well, that's because in my opinion it is wrong. And whoever taught you that shouldn't be teaching anyone how to fight. Be it Hand to hand or otherwise. You basically said "The more rounds I have means, the more time I have in the fight". While that's all well and good if that's how you want to do things, but the long and short of it is, the longer you stay engaged the higher your chances of serious injury or death. The average gunfight is measured in seconds, and round counts are usually very, very low like less than 7 total rounds from both parties. So in reality you would better off spending the money you would've spent buying the second G19 on some nice, comfortable running shoes.

Shoot and move, engage quickly but disengage quicker. Remember survival is the goal. Not "Winning". Rounds on target from a fast deploy of the weapon, shoot on the move and then keep moving. That is what I was taught and it is how I train.

Just like hand to hand. Aim for the pain then run. Bridge of the nose, groin, pressure points. Engage quick, disengage quicker. Survive.

If you do things differently, that's fine. I was merely stating my opinion

Really, in a fight, you're not going to be standing and focusing on anything but what's available...and probably then it'll go to the ground. I was ALWAYS taught in karate to avoid, deescelate, and if forced to fight, do so in such a way that the person won't be getting up as you walk away. Any more, that typically means knocking the person out.

I have been in a fight, I had the person submitted to where I could've broken their arm or dislocated their shoulder elbow. I asked if they had had enough and they said yes. I knew this person, so I stood up and walked into the building. This person punched me in the back of the head twice and took off in their car. This all happened because he tried to hit me with his car (and before I carried).

EVERY fight is fluid and dynamic. Nothing is set in stone. To say you're going for the bridge of the nose or the trachea is plain ignorant, and it appears you have no experience in hand to hand combat whatsoever.

I carry a g19 or a g26, or both, and 2 g17 mags fully loaded. So at anytime the minimum number of rounds I have is 45, the most is 61. Guns fail, mags fail. There is way more than one reason to carry multiple mags, and multiple guns. Regardless, I don't think anyone has to justify it to anyone but themselves.

Top Bottom