• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ductape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Today I lost a brother. He was actually my brother -in-law, but seemed like a brother to me. He died this morning in his home. He was my wife's brother. He was the man that started the gun world for me about 40 years ago. Introduced me to Ruger fire arms. It started with a Blackhawk .44, from there the end is yet to come. He taught me how to hand load, how to always be safe, and showed me that if you warm your hands on the barrel every so often, you can shoot even in frigid weather with the snow flying. We did. We often laughed about that day. I learned a lot about guns and life from that man. He served our country proudly, and had no time for any disrespect for America. I am really gonna miss him. :(
    I'm sure some of you have lost someone like this. I will honor him by carrying on the hand gun safety and enthusiasm with my grandchildren. My children are already on board. For my daughter's high school graduation present, he bought her a brand new SKS. Now that's love. Here's to all that started it for us.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    So sorry for your loss, sounds like the kind of guy we'd all love to have in our families, or as a friend. My condolences and prayers to you and your family.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Sounds like you lost more than a brother-in-law, you lost a great friend. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My condolences to you. You were fortunate to have such a great friend and family member. I can only imagine how you'll miss having him around.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    So sorry for your loss. Sounds like you were bless with an awesome friend/relative. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    So sorry for your loss. I'm sure he will be missed by many. Death really is a celebration of life, the new life he will have in heaven. Death to me is always a reminder of what is truly important in life, and we should all cherish every minute we have here on earth. My prayers for you and your family, always remember the good times you had together.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    You have my empathy, sir. Enjoy the memories, and create new ones to honor his contribution to your lives. Sounds like you are already on the right path with teaching the family. Life is short, and everyone's time will come one day. It seems like we all forget to slow down and enjoy our time here while we can.

Top Bottom