A Third Of Student Debt Holders Spent ‘Extra Money’ They Thought Would Be Wiped Clean…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Do you think they'll learn?
    After all, they complained they can't repay a loan they took.
    Then when being told they MIGHT get money to pay it back, they go BLOW that money.

I think there are several lessons being taught right now about our government. People can choose to learn from these lessons, or ignore them... :dunno:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I think there are several lessons being taught right now about our government. People can choose to learn from these lessons, or ignore them... :dunno:
    From what I've picked up on the socials:

1.) its all the republicans fault. Literally everything.
    2.) religious republicans have ruined everything.
    3.) Orange man bad.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I believe there will come a time when the left will over do it, not sure if we reached that time yet. The young have been so indoctrinated with pure lies that some will become aware.

What did bud light do to get this backlash? I’m sure that is a constant thought and whine in the c-suite, “everybody else did it, why us?” They were the mole up when folks concentrated on what was going on and got whacked.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    From what I've picked up on the socials:

1.) its all the republicans fault. Literally everything.
    2.) religious republicans have ruined everything.
    3.) Orange man bad.

As Ingomike says, that's due to educational and media indoctrination. It's pretty well known that people stay in the bubble they feel comfortable in and these people refuse to look outside of their indoctrination.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That being said most of us under 35 grew up our entire lives being told if we didn't go to college we would be stupid poor bums.
    This is so true. I know so many parents that wouldn't even consider letting their kids join the military or learn a trade. College is mandatory in many households and that is sad in my opinion.

You can do so well in the trades, get an education at a much lower cost and probably end up with more job/career satisfaction then a lot of college programs.

Or you could serve your country for a few years, learn all kinds of life skills, experience stuff that you can only do in the military and then let Uncle Sam pay for a college degree if that is what you want.

Or, like my son, make a career out of the military. He makes a decent paycheck, has great job security, good benefit package and can retire at age 42 with a pension leaving him open to pursuing another career without worrying about making enough money to really retire when he is older.

My "cross in life", so to speak has been my professional life. It has been a struggle but the good that has come out of it is that my kids watching my struggles have pursued vocations that they wanted to do and have not gotten caught up on the corporate ladder and working for corporate America. Though my daughter does work for an evil utility company as a foundation president. But even though she did go to college, she had a plan on what to do and has executed it admirably.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They'll just blame Republicans for being mean and scrooging them.
    THIS! ^^^^

Biden has the perfect excuse for not doing what no one really believed was legal

Promise them debt relief and get their votes

Try to decree unconstitutional debt relief, get smacked down by SCOTUS

Say 'See, we tried but those evil republicans and their appointed judges wouldn't let us'

Leverage the angst for more contributions and votes so you can 'fix it next time'

Essentially the establishment GOP playbook on abortion

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I heard a pretty interesting lecture at a Private College where the Provost presented a good case.

He suggested pulling or at least suspending the Diploma of persons who failed in their moral obligations, including financial responsibilities. He felt the diploma carried weight because the reputation of the school was in fact vouching for the character of the graduate, and in return the graduate was morally bound to properly represent the schools values.

In our self-serving generations, where honor is not as important as flashy possessions, the kind of loyalty presented in the lecture sounded ridiculous. The 20 something year old students were deeply offended.

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Back in the day a handshake or signing on the dotted line confirmed a person’s understanding that they owe a debt…Integrity.
    This unique concept has been forever lost now in today’s hand out world.
    Sadly integrity doesn’t mean much any more. Probably a result of city and suburban life. When 99% of the people you see are strangers, why would you care what they think or say to other strangers. Where a tight knit community, reputation is HUGE. Bad reputation? No one will want to help or work with you.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    yes.
    and I paid it back.

And if someone were to give me money, for the purpose of paying the loan, I would use it TO PAY OFF THE LOAN.

If I used it for parties, I would expect no one to ever help me out again.

I also limited my loan, to what I could afford.
    Bingo. Paid off every loan I’ve ever had. Gave up things to pay them
    Off early so we could enjoy our life without debt.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    yes.
    and I paid it back.

And if someone were to give me money, for the purpose of paying the loan, I would use it TO PAY OFF THE LOAN.

If I used it for parties, I would expect no one to ever help me out again.

I also limited my loan, to what I could afford.
    No. No, sir. You did NOT limit your loan to what you could afford.

If you could afford it, you wouldn't have borrowed at all. Thus the loan.

You needed to spend the money before you had it. So to speak.

Just be careful how much you judge your neighbors from the cheap seats where you may not be able to see what's goin on.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Bingo. Paid off every loan I’ve ever had. Gave up things to pay them
    Off early so we could enjoy our life without debt.
    Paying off loans early sometimes feels better than it actually is for your financial future.

That, and the conditions are always moving, so your decisions have to move with them, even if the target remains basically the same.

If you don't know, then ask a friend who does, and has your best interest in mind (literally).

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No. No, sir. You did NOT limit your loan to what you could afford.

If you could afford it, you wouldn't have borrowed at all. Thus the loan.

You needed to spend the money before you had it. So to speak.

Just be careful how much you judge your neighbors from the cheap seats where you may not be able to see what's goin on.
    I took a loan for a car or a house, on a job I already had, and allowed for loss of significant hours in pay in case something happened.

A lot different than taking a $70,000 loan on a job that I don't have, and when I did get it, still wouldn't pay it off.
    And then there's the whole... give them money to help pay it off, and they WEREN'T going to use it to help pay it off.

Seems pretty different to me.

Top Bottom