A Third Of Student Debt Holders Spent ‘Extra Money’ They Thought Would Be Wiped Clean…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    They really need to limit how much you can borrow and what you can use loan funds for within a school. Taking out the max amount for public university shouldn’t be an option.
    There shouldn’t be college loans of any kind. If people can’t afford to pay for a degree, it should be up to the left wing communist administrators and professors to provide that “free” entitled education they are proponents of. I see zero reason to pay administrators or professors in a college position. Better yet as a job interview requirement, make them show their voter’s registration and any registered dems don’t earn a paycheck. They are using the job as their opportunity to showcase their belief in free education.

spfldbowhunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2023
    N FL
    There shouldn’t be college loans of any kind. If people can’t afford to pay for a degree, it should be up to the left wing communist administrators and professors to provide that “free” entitled education they are proponents of. I see zero reason to pay administrators or professors in a college position. Better yet as a job interview requirement, make them show their voter’s registration and any registered dems don’t earn a paycheck. They are using the job as their opportunity to showcase their belief in free education.
    I get what you’re saying, but I don’t agree or think that’s a positive step forward either. There are plenty of critical occupations that require advanced learning. I don’t want to limit opportunities to the few.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Why not? If someone wants to borrow money for school, and someone is willing to loan it to them, why shouldn't that be allowed? Again, the issue is the government got involved in the loans. Let the private sector decide who to risk loaning money to and who not to.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Why not? If someone wants to borrow money for school, and someone is willing to loan it to them, why shouldn't that be allowed? Again, the issue is the government got involved in the loans. Let the private sector decide who to risk loaning money to and who not to.
    The current DipS in the Oval Office is your obvious answer

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yeah that’s the answer

I’d like to see pathways into the trades as early as middle school. The world needs more than plumbers though.
    Sure, like electricians, carpenters, welders, HVAC techs, truck drivers, mechanics, etc.

There are also a lot of college degrees that should not require four years of study. We need to totally rethink how we train people to pursue a career in this country.

spfldbowhunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2023
    N FL
    Sure, like electricians, carpenters, welders, HVAC techs, truck drivers, mechanics, etc.

There are also a lot of college degrees that should not require four years of study. We need to totally rethink how we train people to pursue a career in this country.
    Those occupations are implied with saying entry into CTE training should happen in middle school.

With a bachelor’s degree though , where are you going to trim down time? You’re taking advanced courses in core subjects and entry level courses from your program of study years 1-2. Years 3 and 4 are upper level in your program of study.

A lot of unmotivated kids get into high school without any business being there. Put them into a completely different track and they could be into the workforce by 16 years old. I believe too many go to college without the academic qualifications that would allow them to be successful. They dropout with debt and that’s a lot of the problem. There should be another option, perhaps we agree there. I don’t want to see a watering down of higher learning though because it’s not for everyone. To the issue of loans though, I’m all for federal aid to help attend a university or trade school if you show academic potential to be successful.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Those occupations are implied with saying entry into CTE training should happen in middle school.

With a bachelor’s degree though , where are you going to trim down time? You’re taking advanced courses in core subjects and entry level courses from your program of study years 1-2. Years 3 and 4 are upper level in your program of study.

A lot of unmotivated kids get into high school without any business being there. Put them into a completely different track and they could be into the workforce by 16 years old. I believe too many go to college without the academic qualifications that would allow them to be successful. They dropout with debt and that’s a lot of the problem. There should be another option, perhaps we agree there. I don’t want to see a watering down of higher learning though because it’s not for everyone. To the issue of loans though, I’m all for federal aid to help attend a university or trade school if you show academic potential to be successful.
    Let's see. Foreign language, math if it isn't required for your field. Language arts if not needed for the field, history, psychology, sociology, etc etc.

There are a lot of classes taken that have nothing to do with a desired field of study, and will not really benefit someone going into one.

I agree with your idea about starting kids earlier. First though, we have to get out of this college is necessary nonsense.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just because we need people in service and trades, doesn't mean one is automatically against college.

But, that doesn't mean EVERYONE should be college bound either.

And my taxes have no business paying for someone else's college.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just because we need people in service and trades, doesn't mean one is automatically against college.

But, that doesn't mean EVERYONE should be college bound either.

And my taxes have no business paying for someone else's college.
    I don't even mind some of the grants and such. They have no business in the student loan business though. That is the root of these issues.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And now nearly ten percent say they are not paying to force forgiveness…

GourdOnTheDoor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2022
    Noblesville
    And now nearly ten percent say they are not paying to force forgiveness…

I find it so silly that they will agree to the loans and put their signature on it then they hear that the government is potentially going to bail them out of their mistakes and they are now "protesting" by not paying the loans that they fully understood the ramifications of and agreed to follow their silly rules. If you signed the paper you have to pay the piper, how is it the responsibility of your fellow citizens via the government to pay for your mistakes like you are some big corporation that needs bailed out after managing what they have poorly. Whole lot of silly billies

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Top Bottom