A Third Of Student Debt Holders Spent ‘Extra Money’ They Thought Would Be Wiped Clean…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I find it so silly that they will agree to the loans and put their signature on it then they hear that the government is potentially going to bail them out of their mistakes and they are now "protesting" by not paying the loans that they fully understood the ramifications of and agreed to follow their silly rules. If you signed the paper you have to pay the piper, how is it the responsibility of your fellow citizens via the government to pay for your mistakes like you are some big corporation that needs bailed out after managing what they have poorly. Whole lot of silly billies
    I agree with your sentiment but not some of the words.

I do not believe that “they fully understood the ramifications of and agreed to follow their silly rules”.

If a used car lot was ran like student loans the government would shut it down. Society has been pushing college education as the ONLY way, and universities themselves are profiting greatly on students signing those loan docs. Probably need a lawyer to understand the docs and we expect working parents and young students to understand pages of legalese?

So yes they took out the loan for college, they signed it, also the government experts we all paid for with tax dollars told them it was the right thing to do, the government thought it such a good idea, they loaned the money themselves.

The borrowers and or their parents were told by local school counselors, college counselors, future employers, society in general, that they had to get a college degree and loans would pay for it. Just where do they get counter information? Information that may even be blocked by social media.

So yes they took the loans and should have to learn hard lessons, but we’re I on a jury, the allegations were fraudulent lending, and the facts above were presented about a business relationship to the borrowers, I would find for the borrowers. Again, if this were a used car lot tactic they would shut it down in a heartbeat…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And now nearly ten percent say they are not paying to force forgiveness…

BTW, why wouldn't they in light of this info? Just like the border, they are being signaled by government to do it.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Unfortunate that we can’t do the same with mortgage debt. If we can afford to do this with one form of debt, no reason to exclude any other form of debt. Better yet lets just wipe the entire debt slate clean for everyone. You get 60 days to accumulate your debt and submit it for the government to write it off. Any business refusing credit to a customer can have their business closed permanently.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Unfortunate that we can’t do the same with mortgage debt. If we can afford to do this with one form of debt, no reason to exclude any other form of debt. Better yet lets just wipe the entire debt slate clean for everyone. You get 60 days to accumulate your debt and submit it for the government to write it off. Any business refusing credit to a customer can have their business closed permanently.
    Sounds like a leftist's wet dream. Don't forget to mention the consequences that come with such an endeavor.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    great.... worked my whole life to be 100% debt free and everyone else gets the benefit? Sounds about right.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Sounds like a leftist's wet dream. Don't forget to mention the consequences that come with such an endeavor.
    I believe that any government program worth keeping should be able to be applied to any scenario and hold together under its own weight without outside interference. If it can’t, then we don’t have any reason to implement the plan.

Top Bottom