• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Just got off the phone with the nice CS rep at Netflix because it wasn't enough to just cancel without comment, so I made sure she would pass it up to the powers that be there exactly why I canceled.
    She even read back to me exactly what I told her and that she would communicate it up the line.
    She was very nice and professional, but I won't be subsidizing this garbage.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Maybe lock it on RFD channel, but even He Haw is disparaging to rednecks.
    24 hour Sandy Patty?
    How about a 10 CD set from Bill & Gloria Gaither?...

Where can I get such a service?

Anyhoo,

Guy doesn't like what's on Netflix and asks for advice about moving to a a different service...not shutting Netflix down because he doesn't like it...and he gets a lecture on freedom of choice....which apparently applies to Netflix, but not him.

Go INGO!

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's astonishing that so many people are willing to actually pay for a service that openly creates a show designed to stir up racial animus.
    The first chance I get during their normal business hours Monday morning, I'm calling and asking to speak to a supervisor so I can spell out exactly why I'm canceling my subscription that I've maintained for over four years straight.
    **** these *******s.

Well, I am an INGO site supporter.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Where can I get such a service?

You can stop by there great Christian Store, cafe and Ice Cream parlor. And pick up your selection in person.
    Just south of Alexandria on St Rd 9 or follow the linky.

DVDs - Gaither

I not sure with Sandy Patty, she's kinna on the out's with the Church of God since she got caught having a affair years back.
    I believe she's also moved away from Anderson. :dunno:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The trailer for "Dear White People" is currently sitting at 384,000 down-votes compared to only 48,000 up-votes giving it an overall rating of 9%. Also one of the writers for this particular show on the night Trump got elected is on record as tweeting "**** White People" (keep in mind this deranged and obviously mentally individual is white himself). Honestly I am kinda surprised that Netflix has not pulled this show yet due to the immense negative feedback they have received. Granted their selection is garbage at this point and I frequent Amazon Video much more (plus with Amazon you get that sweet prime shipping). If it were not for House of Cards and Daredevil I would have unsubscribed a long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LzggK5DRBA (commercial for show in question)
    https://twitter.com/JackPMoore/status/796216633177972737 (Seriously this guy is a deranged whack-job)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Marvel's Iron Fist is releasing on Netflix March 17. That might be a reason to keep your subscription.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I haven't seen Disparate Treatment, what's it about?

It's okay I guess...The premise is two old geezers from Southern Indiana meet at a Marathon station every couple of months half way between their homes...They lament the proliferation of plastic firearms, the end of the Cold War era, and holes in the side plates of Smith and Wesson revolvers....

It's a depressing film...Don't watch it...:)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I gave it an honest try. I dunno. Maybe women find her schtick funny. I gave it about 15 minutes or so before turning it off and one-staring it. Listening to jokes about things like how big and smelly her ***** is, just isn't funny to me.

She's about as funny as a toothache.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I watched "Dear White People" about a week ago. I had forgot that I had watched it before this thread, but it was not too bad the second time through either. It is an OK movie. The racial discussion is not perfect, but it is also not simple or one sided and is not unwatchable.

I strongly suspect that the trailer was meant to troll some folks into getting all worked up and giving them even more publicity.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I watched "Dear White People" about a week ago. I had forgot that I had watched it before this thread, but it was not too bad the second time through either. It is an OK movie. The racial discussion is not perfect, but it is also not simple or one sided and is not unwatchable.

I strongly suspect that the trailer was meant to troll some folks into getting all worked up and giving them even more publicity.

So they managed to get all kinds of people (myself included) to unsubscribe?
    Real smart marketing move there.

Top Bottom