• Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I think I found it;
    PROTECTING THE NATION FROM FOREIGN TERRORIST ENTRY INTO THE UNITED STATES
    By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. 1101 et seq., and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, and to protect the American people from terrorist attacks by foreign nationals admitted to the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:
    Section 1. Purpose. The visa-issuance process plays a crucial role in detecting individuals with terrorist ties and stopping them from entering the United States. Perhaps in no instance was that more apparent than the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, when State Department policy prevented consular officers from properly scrutinizing the visa applications of several of the 19 foreign nationals who went on to murder nearly 3,000 Americans. And while the visa-issuance process was reviewed and amended after the September 11 attacks to better detect would-be terrorists from receiving visas, these measures did not stop attacks by foreign nationals who were admitted to the United States.
    . . .
    DONALD J. TRUMP
    THE WHITE HOUSE, January 27, 2017

:D

You did it! I'm convinced

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Keynes was an economist. He's been more wrong than right in his predictions, but governments market his failed ideas with force.

Methinks that governments from both sides of the aisle already have a direction in mind that they wish to move in and simply adopt the economic theory that lends them the most obfuscation/cover. I don't think it has ever been about the 'science', only rent-seeking on a massive scale

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The study of manipulative, deceptive marketing and psychological control techniques is probably closer to political science.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Methinks that governments from both sides of the aisle already have a direction in mind that they wish to move in and simply adopt the economic theory that lends them the most obfuscation/cover. I don't think it has ever been about the 'science', only rent-seeking on a massive scale

Agreed. It's not like Keynes didn't get anything right in his publishing of junk science economic theories...

"By a continuing process of inflation, government can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens."

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I practiced it when looking for a wife and every day in raising my children.

I believe I have a woodcut of that event...:)

ranters-declaration.jpg

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I remember that, but I was unaware that if a Muslim, Jewish, atheist business had done the same, they would have been given a pass.

It didn't have to be specific to Christianity to discriminate. It could be discriminatory against just the religions who saw killing the unborn as immoral. But the majority religion was still discriminates against as part of that group.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It didn't have to be specific to Christianity to discriminate. It could be discriminatory against just the religions who saw killing the unborn as immoral. But the majority religion was still discriminates against.

So Christianity, has nothing to do with it. Heck, religion has nothing to do with it. It's discrimination against a particular moral thought.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So Christianity, has nothing to do with it. Heck, religion has nothing to do with it. It's discrimination against a particular moral thought.

Could be, except that was not the only instance or subject. There were Catholic hospitals and universities that were fighting being forced to provide birth control to employees, for instance.

So we have a reversal of the immigration EO. Trump said he would discriminate against Muslims, then didn't. Obama never claimed to direct the policy toward Christians, but that is the effect it had, and the discrimination had to be fixed in court.

Top Bottom