• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    So was Obama's ban against Cuban refugees a "Catholic Ban" or a "Cuban" ban?
    You do realize that he did not ban Cuban immigrants. He simply ended the "wet foot, dry foot" clause. In return Cuba agreed to allow Cubans who are deported form the US to return to Cuba...Sometimes when we look into things for ourselves we get more info beyond the sensationalism that MSM dolls out.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If the former, she should have quit. (Probably before the inauguration, since this isn't exactly a surprise.)

Andrew McCarthy was posting that same thing last night. He said anyone in that position knows that the honorable thing to do is resign in protest.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    What "rights"?

Don't you know that rights guaranteed in the US Constitution to American citizens apply to the entire world as well?
    I thought that was common knowledge?!
    Also I have the right to a 30 hour work week and two months of vacation time because France.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    Kim Davis appreciates your support and consistency of those standing up for what they believe in.
    Your argument is a county a clerk that believed that a law that made it through the highest scrutiny that this country can offer was wrong because her Bible told her so and those homo's better not question the Bibleon these matters...not you know an Unconstitutional Law that was not reviewed by ANY agency that would be involved in its enforcement. But to you guys its okay because it keeps the people from evil MuslimLand out of this GodFearin Bible totin country. Hell his own VP can't even decide whose side he's on.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Standing up for non-Americans is kinda something we do as Americans. Been happening for a long time now. Zero, 0, none, nada, zilch, Cero, Not-a-one, terrorist attack has happened in America by someone who was here on refugee status. Though I do remember some sort of attack that happened were most of the attackers were Saudi...though they aren't on the travel ban. And the AG is most definitely allowed to give their opinion and advice on laws passed.

Threat profile has changed in the last 15 years. Saudis are saying they are playing ball now (which I don't necessarily believe, but it is noteworthy), refugees are causing the problems these days. Not just in terrorism, but crime rates. If Yates honestly believed this was wrong, she has the obligation, as you say, to give advice. But isn't that advice subject to attorney-client privilege? Or is it ok to throw a hissy fit if your client is the president. She lost the moral high ground when she didn't quit.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Your argument is a county a clerk that believed that a law that made it through the highest scrutiny that this country can offer was wrong because her Bible told her so and those homo's better not question the Bibleon these matters...not you know an Unconstitutional Law that was not reviewed by ANY agency that would be involved in its enforcement. But to you guys its okay because it keeps the people from evil MuslimLand out of this GodFearin Bible totin country. Hell his own VP can't even decide whose side he's on.

Your argument is since 5 people in black robes said something is constitutional makes it so?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

So presidential authority over the executive branch has not held up to scrutiny?

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    What "rights"?
    Are we part of the UN? I don't know. But, if we are then this may apply. Again I don't know. Also, there may be a "They read the Quran so F'em" clause that I am not finding.
    A refugee has the right to safe asylum. However, international protection comprises more than physical safety. Refugees should receive at least the same rights and basic help as any other foreigner who is a legal resident, including freedom of thought, of movement, and freedom from torture and degrading treatment.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are we part of the UN? I don't know. But, if we are then this may apply. Again I don't know. Also, there may be a "They read the Quran so F'em" clause that I am not finding.
    A refugee has the right to safe asylum. However, international protection comprises more than physical safety. Refugees should receive at least the same rights and basic help as any other foreigner who is a legal resident, including freedom of thought, of movement, and freedom from torture and degrading treatment.

You won't get much mileage out of that fact.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Unconstutional to whom?

Top Bottom