• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    That's abuse. I'm not saying take his kids away, but I think charges were warranted.

Warrant Issued For Adrian Peterson's Arrest In Child Injury Case

He is a very strong man and it looks like he lost it on a 4 year old child.

He also had a child beaten to death by babies momma boyfriend last year. He was not aware of the child until two months before its death. Not that this has anything to do with this, but gives a little perspective to me any way.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands.

“Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.”

He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down.

EXCLUSIVE Details On Adrian Peterson Indictment Charges « CBS Houston

Cuts and bruises, including on the scrotum? For a 4 year old? For interfering with a video game? I think what some of you consider a "spanking" doesn't jive with what I consider a spanking. I think what some of you apparently consider "PC" and "not abuse" is obviously child abuse. I'm pretty sure that even your "good ol' days" memories of being spanked with a paddle, belt, etc. were when you were older and bigger, and didn't involve stuffing leaves in your mouth or cutting your scrotum. Let's keep some perspective here.

If you can't control your 4 year old without resorting to a beating that leaves cuts, you are a terrible parent and a terrible human. This isn't a swat on the butt with an open hand. The end. No "its none of our business". No "its just PC." Abusing a child, which is absolutely what this is if its true, is one of the lowest, dirtiest, disgusting crimes, barely above pedophiles.

Maybe they can beat Adrian's scrotum with a tree branch and see if he reconsiders its appropriateness.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Cuts and bruises, including on the scrotum? For a 4 year old? For interfering with a video game? I think what some of you consider a "spanking" doesn't jive with what I consider a spanking. I think what some of you apparently consider "PC" and "not abuse" is obviously child abuse. I'm pretty sure that even your "good ol' days" memories of being spanked with a paddle, belt, etc. were when you were older and bigger, and didn't involve stuffing leaves in your mouth or cutting your scrotum. Let's keep some perspective here.

If you can't control your 4 year old without resorting to a beating that leaves cuts, you are a terrible parent and a terrible human. This isn't a swat on the butt with an open hand. The end. No "its none of our business". No "its just PC." Abusing a child, which is absolutely what this is if its true, is one of the lowest, dirtiest, disgusting crimes, barely above pedophiles.

Maybe they can beat Adrian's scrotum with a tree branch and see if he reconsiders its appropriateness.
    I can't rep you again but I fully agree with you. Abuse. plain and simple

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Drawing blood or popping bruises is too much. My dad could give a first class *** whoppin' but he never drew blood or bruises...made it uncomfortable to sit down for a little while but we seldom did the same stupid thing twice.

Vikings' Adrian Peterson indicted on injury to child charge in Montgomery County | News - Home

Investigators say the boy told them Peterson has hit him with a belt and punched him in the head on other occasions.

Sounds like there may be more to it than was initially reported.

Yep. It wouldn't be the first time a parent had nosey-BS-charges brought up against them just because they spanked their kid at Kroger or Target. I doubt anybody that's responded in this thread would say what appears to be coming to light now is right.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The reports that I read said he pushed his brother off his bike and caused some kind of fracture. I'd have gotten a switching for doing something like that at 7, and then not involving leaves or a damaged scrotum. At 4 I probably would have just gotten a spanking open hand.

It's looking like he has a systematic problem.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    There are too may of these pro athletes that have had the rules bent in their favor for their entire lives. That has bred them to think they are above the law. That rules aren't made for them to follow.

They are all jacked up on who knows what substances, like HGH and who knows what designer steroids. Their minds are not right. They have disregard for everyone, including themselves.

A microcosm of their problems is DUI's. It amazes me how many pro athletes get DUI's. Did you know that the NFL, NBA and MLB have a program that all a player has to do is make a phone call, anytime, anywhere and someone will come and get them?

This must be an incredible cost to the leagues. Imagine some 300 lb. lineman that drank half a keg in the middle of nowhere, Assbend, Oregon or something, calling at 3:45am on a Tuesday to have somebody come "rescue " him. This is at no cost to the player, btw.

The leagues have this program to avoid the negative press for an athlete getting a DUI or worse, killing someone. Yet, these jerks still get drunk and get behind the wheel.

I am so tired of pro sports. :ranton:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    There are too may of these pro athletes that have had the rules bent in their favor for their entire lives. That has bred them to think they are above the law. That rules aren't made for them to follow.

They are all jacked up on who knows what substances, like HGH and who knows what designer steroids. Their minds are not right. They have disregard for everyone, including themselves.

A microcosm of their problems is DUI's. It amazes me how many pro athletes get DUI's. Did you know that the NFL, NBA and MLB have a program that all a player has to do is make a phone call, anytime, anywhere and someone will come and get them?

Not just Pro ball players. College teams have plenty of staff on payroll to keep them eligible to play. They mop up after acedemic mediocracy, irresponsibility, drug and alcohol abuse,. Pretty much the whole range of anti social behavior.

Last edited:

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown

Sybaris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Adrian Peterson of Minnesota Vikings indicted in child case - ESPN

I guess my parents should have been in jail. He didn't do anything my parents didn't do to me. It's getting ridiculous.

So how do we stop all the crazy ****?

By that logic if your parents fed you cocaine for breakfast it would be alright for you to do the same to your kid.

One of the things parents should strive for is to improve themselves and their parenting skills, not just roll over and mindlessly repeat past behaviors that are known to be harmful.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The four-year old kid got his butt "whooped" for pushing another kid who was playing a video game. I believe we are to make children cry when they are young and prevent them from making their parents cry when they grow older. Some believe a few welts is too harsh, but are the same people who will call him an animal if the behavior grows out if control.

I wonder what the relationship is like between the guy and his ex-wife?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    By that logic if your parents fed you cocaine for breakfast it would be alright for you to do the same to your kid.

One of the things parents should strive for is to improve themselves and their parenting skills, not just roll over and mindlessly repeat past behaviors that are known to be harmful.

Oh indeed, but the idea of not physically punishing a child is as old as its opposite, and has been shown to be extremely harmful to the child later in life for a large period of recorded history.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As this unfolds I am seeing this is a far more serious issue.
    AP would never make it around my young grand children. Patience (a lot of it) is required.

Top Bottom