• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Awesome! I've heard great things about their barrels.

If you put an EOThingy on your gun I'll personally fly out there and kick you. :D

Stick with Aimpoint-- either the ML3, C3, or H1/T1 micro. LaRue mount for whichever you decide.

(but if you just MUST get an EOThingy, do go with the XPS)

they have really good barrels, and stick with aimpoints. i have both and the aimpoint has given me no problems, but the eotech.........been back to factory twice now.

advan031

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    SoCal
    I'm gonna give eotech a shot:p XPS2-0 + Deluxe 3x PA magnifier + Larue LT670 mount coming next week. I then need to learn how to shoot this thing...lol

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Advan031- for the cost of the eotech, magnifier and mounts couldn't you just buy an Acog?

or get the leupold sight made for the Ar platform fixed 4x I believe and teh attach a doc optics, J-point, or trijicon reflex sight on the rails at 45degrees?

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the clarification Limpy!

5064953397_22534970d6_b.jpg

Here it is and obviously the grip is not really on and I haven't throughly punched the bolt pin:P

CA friendly 10 round PMags? Details on those?

advan031

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    SoCal
    Jeremiah, the larue mount is what made it expensive lol the xps2 and magnifier was only 469 while the cheapest acog is 800 or so. I just wanted a reflex sight with an option to go magnified ( yeah yeah I could have gone with aimpoint:p).

Then again I'm still not sure the direction of this rifle so I'm just testing the waters on certain things.

It's either u have a bullet button and a 10 rd mag and all the evil features u want.

Or

No pistol grip, telescoping stock, quad rail, vfg, flash hider then u can have a 30 rd mag without a bullet button....lol

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Then again I'm still not sure the direction of this rifle so I'm just testing the waters on certain things.

As with all things firearms, its an evolution. These days I tend to look at my next gear purchase as a chance to review some gear for INGO. If it works, excellent; if it doesn't, then I'll review it as such and move it to make way for new gear.

It's either u have a bullet button and a 10 rd mag and all the evil features u want.

Or

No pistol grip, telescoping stock, quad rail, vfg, flash hider then u can have a 30 rd mag without a bullet button....lol

THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!

Ok, that felt better.

It's OK Tim, you guys do have lots of beaches and fake breasts. :yesway:

advan031

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    SoCal
    Evan,

It totally makes sense, that's why LA has the lowest crime rate in the woooooorld...lol

edit: and breasts aren't the only thing that's fake here nowadays...haha

advan031

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    SoCal
    Notice my mag release? Here in Cali if you want to have "evil features" (pistol grip, telescoping stock, quad rail..etc), you must use some type of tool to release your magazine (10 round mag limit) and that tool can be a bullet tip. That's why they call it a bullet button.

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    Notice my mag release? Here in Cali if you want to have "evil features" (pistol grip, telescoping stock, quad rail..etc), you must use some type of tool to release your magazine (10 round mag limit) and that tool can be a bullet tip. That's why they call it a bullet button.

The Pmag is modded to limit to only 10 rounds, right?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

I think I'm going to design a special shooting glove that has a small, hard plastic 'pip' on the fingertip of the trigger finger. That way you can use it to change mags like normal. :D

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    I'm toying with moving to San Fran, If I were, I'd switch to .45 pistol and .458 SOCOM AR. If I can only have 10 rounds, they are going to be the biggest I can find.

advan031

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    SoCal
    I think I'm going to design a special shooting glove that has a small, hard plastic 'pip' on the fingertip of the trigger finger. That way you can use it to change mags like normal. :D

No need to as we have these RifleGear - Bullet Button Wrench so if I ever go out of state:):

It's a stupid law that doesn't make sense and annoyance but as long as we can still own them:rockwoot:

garlic_b,

Yes, the pmags are modified to 10 rounds limit. But I suppose I can buy a disassembled colt 30 round mag or pmag from Henderson Defense just in case zombies become real:):.

I get my eotech XPS2-0 and Larue LT649S tomorrow!!! Then going to the range next saturday.:D

advan031

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    SoCal
    5122098606_1b6349e2b7_b.jpg

5121495713_5e8de3bdcd_b.jpg

5121495351_5021f1e1d1_b.jpg

5122097618_a53af7cc7e_b.jpg

I can already see that buttons getting annoying especially turning it off but I think I can get over it. I just love the reticle over just a single dot, if Aimpoint makes this type of reticle then I will switch:P.

The Primary Arms Deluxe 3x magnifier is great especially for 30 bucks I paid for it bundled with the EOTech. Its clarity is excellent w/o any fringing so far. I'll update tomorrow with the Larue LT649S mount then I'll have a "perfect" setup for shooting zombies...i mean steel plates at 200 yds...lol

Top Bottom