• Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    [
    3fc21e8a.jpg

Damm Expensive post. The scrappers down in southeast Indiana would see that as money laying on the ground.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    They stole my welding cables out of my shop apparently for the copper.

Dumbarses left an old Lincoln buzz box welder that had about 3X as much copper in it. Bad part was using a lot of my good angle iron on fabricating a new pry bar proof door frame.

I wish they would just legalize drugs and let these people burn themselves out. Would be cheaper in the long run.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    yeah, no one living on the property sucks. Parents and uncles own my grandparents old place and it's been targeted by the local meth-head scrappers. Most everything of value is gone now, but we still run off people who think they still have permission to hunt there.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    yeah, no one living on the property sucks. Parents and uncles own my grandparents old place and it's been targeted by the local meth-head scrappers. Most everything of value is gone now, but we still run off people who think they still have permission to hunt there.

Start putting "NO TRESPASS" sign around the place, in case you ever have to defend yourself:D

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Went down Tuesday morning to unlock my cable and look at a ditch for a pipe for a driveway into my field. I have the lane blocked off with a cable comin from a concrete headpost over to a steel post I put in. Well someone wanted to really go mushrooming so they decided to hook a chain up to my post and bend it over. So I found a 12' I beam at the farm and put it 5' in the ground and welded some braces on to help stabilize it a little. Let's see them pull the out with a pickup.
    Here's the I beam in the foreground. About 7' sticking up. Had to use the loader tractor like a hammer to get it in the last 2'.
    3fc21e8a.jpg

They tear this down I'll build it bigger!

Forget the iron posts. I'm surprised they didn't steal the posts and sell it for scrap.

Use concrete.

17547a_yard_rollers_68.jpg

Stack these on top of each other one in the ground and the other on top and fill it with rebar and concrete. No one will be pulling that over.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Forget the iron posts. I'm surprised they didn't steal the posts and sell it for scrap.

Use concrete.

17547a_yard_rollers_68.jpg

Stack these on top of each other one in the ground and the other on top and fill it with rebar and concrete. No one will be pulling that over.
    This was just a quick fix. probably going to make a gate to weld to it instead of the cable.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    This was just a quick fix. probably going to make a gate to weld to it instead of the cable

If you have welding equipment, forget the gate, and put together a bar that can be padlocked to the post. Weld some # 4 rebar pieces about 4-5 inches long, every 6" or so along the bar, then padlock in to the post at the ground level. It would be even better if you cu the post off just above that point, and let the grass grow just high enough to cover it. At the very least you will have cost them a few hundred in tires, maybe even catch them in the act of putting the new tires on. Not too many people carry around 2 or 4 spares in case of hitting a spike strip.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    This was just a quick fix. probably going to make a gate to weld to it instead of the cable.

Those concrete posts are easy to make and perfect for hanging gates on. They never sag and you can install all the hardware to hang the gate before you pour the concrete so it's part of the post. They last for ever and never move. Your great great grand kids will still be using them.

Top Bottom