• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    If one has to pay for somebody else's kid and they belong to the community, does that mean everybody has a part in handing that kid an ass whoopin?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=N-NrPOMBKnw

Besides, if everyone's children were everyone else's responsibility, then *I* could smack the dirty little mouth off of the neighbor's kid.

Yup.

Another antiquated societal construct being redefined. This has been in process for years. Give it 10-20 years and it quite possibly will be a given that, of course you are simply a co-parent.

If one has to pay for somebody else's kid and they belong to the community, does that mean everybody has a part in handing that kid an ass whoopin?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    If it were possible to defy gravity and crap up someone's nostrils, I would hope it would happen to her.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    When and where I grew up it was not unusual for a neighbor or a babysitter or a school principal to whoop your behind if you were doing something stupid. I that way I do understand the whole "community helping to raise a child" view. The key word there is "helping". I believe the only people truly responsible for a child are the people who were responsible for giving it life. I kind of see this as another step in people not wanting any accountability. If your kids do something dumb, you can just blame it on the old lady 3 doors down the street. After all, she's responsible for your kids too :dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I assume this means I could pick her kids up to teach them to shoot and hunt then, right? I am part of the village aren't I?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    This is the subversive promotion for the public adoption of Agenda 21 which follows the ideology of "a new vision of the child. Children are neither the property of their parents nor are they helpless objects of charity. They are human beings and are the subject of their own rights. The Convention offers a vision of the child as an individual and as a member of a family and community, with rights and responsibilities appropriate to his or her age and stage of development."
    The UN has interpreted this to mean that the "rights" of a child over-ride the responsibilities of that child's parents and the child will be better suited to a community form of education and rearing.

At first blush, this doesn't sound so bad until you realize that in countries where this has become legal precedent, children can sue parents for doing chores or worse, parents can lose all "rights" to raising their own child if the government believes their method or ideologies in child rearing do not meet the UN standard of Agenda 21.
    Your child may no longer be your own under this.
    I was with you until you inferred that children do chores in the USA.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Someone on INGO once told me in a debate that children were property of the government, basically rented to parents. We were discussing parents being court ordered to drug their children.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Remember boys and girls it takes a village of Liberal power hungry control freaks to raise a child. Seems like they are trying to insinuate, don't bother trying to instill the morals and values you believe in on your child, we will do that, because we don't trust you to instill Liberal ideals into the children.

It is called Indoctrination.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    This is great news for all the "Baby Mammas" and "Baby Daddies" out there. Now they don't have to feel even the tiniest shred of guilt for ignoring their responsibilities.

guncakes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    when I was a kid, I would go out with friends and ALWAYS run into someone my parents knew (not sure if it was on purpose or not!). That's what it means by "it takes a village" You better believe if I was acting like an idiot when my parents weren't around, there was someone who was gonna tell on me.

I make sure I know my kids friends, their parents, and the people at places they go. I also make sure I tell the parents if/when I see their kid acting up too. Fortunately, everyone I know appreciates and reciprocates.

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I could comment on this, but my soap box has too many flights of stairs to climb up. I work in an elementary school. It's amazing the things I hear from parents about their " unruly " kids. One of my favorites is, " I can't make them do anything, you try!" This from a mom with a 9 yr. old. Seriously! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom