• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Well, someone ELSE saying it too makes it all better!

You're obviously a strong believer in raising your own children and personal responsibility.

I simply pointed out the other side also agrees with the extremely radical position that communities raise children. You know, pot lucks, gathering some coats for the local kids whose family is down on their luck. Communion. I milked cows before and after school, except during football and baseball season. I couldn't milk because of practice. A friend would would assist. Several times an implement or a tractor would break down. The Rutherfords or the Smiths or the Whistlers would always lend us a spreader or tractor for the day while ours was repaired.

Republican says it takes a village = yes
    Democrat says it takes a village = outrage

Ted Nugent could have read the same script to rave reviews.

Honestly, tying personal responsibility into this discussion is a farce. A reach by, named in this thread, cave dwellers. No one lives in a vacuum.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I simply pointed out the other side also agrees with the extremely radical position that communities raise children. You know, pot lucks, gathering some coats for the local kids whose family is down on their luck. Communion. I milked cows before and after school, except during football and baseball season. I couldn't milk because of practice. A friend would would assist. Several times an implement or a tractor would break down. The Rutherfords or the Smiths or the Whistlers would always lend us a spreader or tractor for the day while ours was repaired.

Republican says it takes a village = yes
    Democrat says it takes a village = outrage

Ted Nugent could have read the same script to rave reviews.

Honestly, tying personal responsibility into this discussion is a farce. A reach by, named in this thread, cave dwellers. No one lives in a vacuum.

All you're doing is pointing out the similarities between Democrats and Republicans. There are plenty of statists to go around in both parties. But you know that.

As far as I'm concerned ...

Statist says it takes a village = outrage

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    All you're doing is pointing out the similarities between Democrats and Republicans. There are plenty of statists to go around in both parties. But you know that.

As far as I'm concerned ...

Statist says it takes a village = outrage

That is fine. That simply means you don't have a seat at the table. The rest of the nation, voters, will discuss politics. I'll continue to make PB&J for the kids playing baseball in my back yard. I'll buy the lemonade for a quarter. Dads volunteer ump in my local coaches pitch league. Great times. Great community.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That is fine. That simply means you don't have a seat at the table. The rest of the nation, voters, will discuss politics. I'll continue to make PB&J for the kids playing baseball in my back yard. I'll buy the lemonade for a quarter. Dads volunteer ump in my local coaches pitch league. Great times. Great community.

I think there is a big difference between volunteering to help out and be nice, and being required.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

That's fine with me. I'll never share a table with a man who thinks it should be okay to hit other people's kids if they say something objectionable.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    That's fine with me. I'll never share a table with a man who thinks it should be okay to hit other people's kids if they say something objectionable.

My parents got to know the neighborhood. All the kids played together. PTA members. The town about 20 minutes away had a public pool. We used to pile into the Dodge Caravan and go for a swim with Mrs. Keefer.

We left the cave.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Sounds like sharing to me. Learnt that in kindygarten..

Does the smiley face mean you don't mean what you are saying, or you are just being polite? Polite is good, but then I don't know whether to disagree with you. I'm confused.

p.s. the last commie died in 1984 and nobody noticed :D

The last half is the non serious bit, I don't believe in witch hunts.

I hated the notion of sharing in school, if it's mine keep your hands off of it as I worked hard (begged mom or dad) to get it. :D Of course that really only annoyed me when I brought food in, "did you bring enough for the whole class?" heck no and I'm not gonna share the "my" "wealth" either!

Ok I'm off my soap box now. :cool:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    For those of you who agree with this collectivism, I have one question. Where were all of you when I paid for my daughter's undergraduate degree?

Top Bottom