• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    What the heck. I wonder how well that would work out if you told your neighbors to start paying for the groceries.
    That's all these kids today need at a later time in their life is, more debt. This time to their community.
    I completely understand giving a helping hand but for others to claim dibs on a child you raise is an insane and dangerous idea. Giving the idea is just that, makes you wonder what type of ponzie scheme snare this could work into.

Last edited:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Not sure which way I want to go with my smart*** comment: the Aldous Huxley Brave New World direction, or the Sonnenkinder route.

I would say neither. When you leave the mtn cave and come down to the village and join the happy people and become part of the community you help decide what the community is. If you don't like it, change it, or go back to the cave. That video is controversial in a forum like :ingo:, but, hell, it's MSNBC. You give up some things when you join a community and gain others. I bet you can still keep your children though. Even on MSNBC :D. Hell, we can all share them. I'll look out for your kids if you look out for mine. OH! The horror!!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It's all about giving up personal responsibility, personal initiative and drive. Those are just some of the qualities which make our free society superior to communism. The leftists would have the state responsible for everything. We know how that worked out. Do we have such short memories that we've already forgotten the iron curtain of the "Evil Empire"? The photo of the East German border guard throwing away his rifle and running across to West Berlin is still fresh in my memory. That pretty much tells it all.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    I would say neither. When you leave the mtn cave and come down to the village and join the happy people and become part of the community you help decide what the community is. If you don't like it, change it, or go back to the cave. That video is controversial in a forum like :ingo:, but, hell, it's MSNBC. You give up some things when you join a community and gain others. I bet you can still keep your children though. Even on MSNBC :D. Hell, we can all share them. I'll look out for your kids if you look out for mine. OH! The horror!!

My apologies, comrade. I will submit to the collective. :)

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    this is all too typical Of the Dems and left's strategy though. While i agree and it ticks me off and sickens me. This will never stop until people stand up against it. Where are the lawsuits against these people. You know if it was a tea party person they would be sued without hesitation. Same goes for the idiots in Washington. The politicians should be sued every time they violate the constitution or Bill of Rights. Until this starts happening they will continue to run wild and destroy the right's character with no regard.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Best response ever.

8e082ac3b6d7126daf43e60451254653.jpg

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Best response ever.

8e082ac3b6d7126daf43e60451254653.jpg

Works fer us if we can take your chill'en in our Volvo sta wgn to a Unitarian service followed by a sensitivity training session, followed by a tattoo removal session and ending with a formal dance and classical music concert. We'll supply the brie, arugula and white (alc free) wine.
    No weapons please.

Oxfam America partner since 1982.

Last edited:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I saw a video once where the children self-identified with the State. It's difficult to understand because the narration is in German, and it's fairly grainy footage since it's decades old, but it's really lovely video. Beautiful children, marching in lockstep, all wearing the same uniform... it really does take a village, doesn't it?

I don't even know how this Melissa Harris-Perry got onto my videoscreen, but I would strongly suggest she keep her misguided ignorance to herself lest it become dangerous to her health. Some people take very seriously the notion that the State should control their children any more than the State already does via public education and taxation. Some people are willing, more than willing, to die for their children and for the liberty of their children. Just some food for thought. Maybe she would be better off in Sweden where children are already treated as property of the State.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Man, I miss the old days. The good old days. When it was lunchtime and you were playing baseball a few blocks away, you didn't have to go home. Brady's mom would make you some lunch and get you back to the game. If you stepped out of line or let a swear word fly, Old Man Thomas would give you a smack on the backside. If you told your mom, you got another. Mrs. Massey had no problem letting all the children go sledding on her hill. When you hit the bottom, the tractor tire sandbox in the backyard of the Milligan's served as a ramp. People would always buy a candy bar from the Little League players.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Man, I miss the old days. The good old days. When it was lunchtime and you were playing baseball a few blocks away, you didn't have to go home. Brady's mom would make you some lunch and get you back to the game. If you stepped out of line or let a swear word fly, Old Man Thomas would give you a smack on the backside. If you told your mom, you got another. Mrs. Massey had no problem letting all the children go sledding on her hill. When you hit the bottom, the tractor tire sandbox in the backyard of the Milligan's served as a ramp. People would always buy a candy bar from the Little League players.

So you prefer a society where you don't have to worry about your own kids because, hey... someone else will take care of them, and you're allowed to assault any little kid you want if they say something that offends you?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    So you prefer a society where you don't have to worry about your own kids because, hey... someone else will take care of them, and you're allowed to assault any little kid you want if they say something that offends you?

Yep. That is exactly what I said. Man, my parents must have been closet pinkos! Good grief...conservative reactionaries are coming out the woodwork.

Funny enough, that was a condensed/personalized version of a story told by Dennis Prager when Hillary Clinton first quipped "It takes a village". He agreed. Much like the fellow from the Family Research Council said this morning on Fox. Heck, a Rand Paul interview will be airing on the 700 Club here shortly echoing the same sentiments about a "spiritual cleansing".

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yep. That is exactly what I said. Man, my parents must have been closet pinkos! Good grief...conservative reactionaries are coming out the woodwork.

Funny enough, that was a condensed/personalized version of a story told by Dennis Prager when Hillary Clinton first quipped "It takes a village". He agreed. Much like the fellow from the Family Research Council said this morning on Fox. Heck, a Rand Paul interview will be airing on the 700 Club here shortly echoing the same sentiments about a "spiritual cleansing".

Well, someone ELSE saying it too makes it all better!

You're obviously a strong believer in raising your own children and personal responsibility.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Sounds like communism to me, your kids are not my responsibility. Do we even do witch hunts to weed out the commies anymore? :):

Sounds like sharing to me. Learnt that in kindygarten..

Does the smiley face mean you don't mean what you are saying, or you are just being polite? Polite is good, but then I don't know whether to disagree with you. I'm confused.

p.s. the last commie died in 1984 and nobody noticed :D

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Sounds like sharing to me. Learnt that in kindygarten..

Does the smiley face mean you don't mean what you are saying, or you are just being polite? Polite is good, but then I don't know whether to disagree with you. I'm confused.

p.s. the last commie died in 1984 and nobody noticed :D

I doubt it was the last commie

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    The leftists are a very aggressive, unpredictable, focused and determined group on these type issues. When they dedicate themselves to push this type of thinking, you can bet your a.. there's something in it for them. Maybe not right away but in the long run. What's mine is mine and whats yours is mine.
    To me, it sounds almost like some form of kidnapping.

Top Bottom