• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Did you see the show with the NASCAR driver? They sold him I believe it was 7 guns for like $26,000. A Mossberg 500, 30/30, 357 and some other off the shelf guns. I figured at retail prices it was like maybe $3,000 worth of guns.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Come on guys. Look at all the business overhead that has to be supported by overpricing his merchandise. :rolleyes:

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    Did you see the show with the NASCAR driver? They sold him I believe it was 7 guns for like $26,000. A Mossberg 500, 30/30, 357 and some other off the shelf guns. I figured at retail prices it was like maybe $3,000 worth of guns.

That one was on right before the 'new' one. I bought the same 591-a1 at the 1500 for about 500. As everyone has said, I like the ladies, but the gun information stinks. I also likes when he bought the 100 AR's for $100K cash. He shot the auto and then said he is not allowed to sell those, and ordered some semi's with longer barrels for $1k each. I wounder what they will sell for?

These customers have more $ than sense!

gtrlspl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    South Bend
    I just finished watching a new episode on American Guns tonight. A guy comes in wanting to buy a rifle for gator hunting.

The owner tells him that he thinks a .223 bolt rifle would be a good idea and recommends the Mossberg MVP. He then says to be on the safe side, he recommends a handgun for emergency use, and says the S&W Governor is a good idea.

For these two guns, he quotes the man 10k. The man talks him down to 8k.

The guys in the shop do a trigger job on both guns and put a scout scope on the rifle. The son then does some engraving on the cylinder.

Those two guns new are around 1k. I can't imagine two trigger jobs, a scope, and some minor engraving be worth 7k. :n00b:

Their website quotes trigger jobs at $75. So that must have been some expensive engraving...

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Either I have seen the wrong show or you fellows need to get out a little more often. The daughter is attractive, but not THAT attractive. Neither is the wife. They both don't make one good reason to watch the show. I watch it (honestly) for the machine work they do, the things they do find to put together, and some of the cool things they shoot or blow up when "demo"ing the build to the buyer. Other than that, check out a lot of other shows for real "smokin" women.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a hard time believing this. Or at least that people allow it to happen. Let's take cars for example. A $20k car here could cost $1500 to ship to Colorado. If cost of living was 45% higher in Denver, anyone could buy a car from Indiana at $21,500 shipped, therefore on would assume that they can not charge $29,000 for the same car (45 points). Same goes with guns. If you have a $600 gun, that costs $20 to ship and $30 transfer fee, you are at $650. If they increased the cost there to $870 (45 points), everyone would just be buying online. These numbers are of course exaggerated, but in some cases (larger ticket items), make perfect sense.

But then again, I often under estimate the idiocy of the mass populous. :laugh:

I'd agree*** I'm not believing that it is due to location in this case. It is drama for the show and stupidity.

There is no way that the regular LGS in CO is charging these amounts.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I keep watching in hopes of side boob.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEHHlGNUiB8[/ame]

Every show is the same. I can already tell you what the next show is about.

Someone will walk in the store and say "hey i've got a really stupid idea and a lot of money" At that point the music will go DUM DUM DUM for dramatic effect.
    The owner will say, "well we can do it for a crap ton of money" The two will then agree on a significant amount of money and there will be a cut scene explaining why Rich was willing to come down in his build price usually something to do with the purchaser loving his dad or being in the military.

He will then go downstairs and explain to the fat guy, the dork, and orville redenbacher the importance of the build and the time constraints as it is realllllly important this guy get his 400lb flint lock cannon/sword/helmet combo in 3 days. The fat guy and the dork will argue for a while and orville redenbacher will tell them he is the head gunsmith. The fat guy will make something unsafe out of wood and an octagonal barrel. Rich will walk downstairs and explain that if he fired that device, it would kick the earth out of rotation send us all cartwheeling into the sun. They will then make something that looks the same with different barrels. At some point the daughter will walk downstairs in a tank top and say something stupid. Popcorn guy, dork and the morbidly obese will act like they give a ****. She will then drive to pick up some crucial part and argue with the seller for a better deal. She will then remark about how it was her dads teachings that got her such a great deal on the part (and not because the guy is a convicted child molester). They will complete the gun and give it to justin bieber who will scratch it with a vibrating nail.

They will then go out to the desert with the owner and unveil his ridiculous purchase and tell him to shoot it at some explosives that have some sort of theme. The owner will blow up a few things. The grande finale (and the part i think i'd hate the most) is when the owner blows up the last item...rich then instantly snatches the thing from the guys hand, gets within 3 inches of his face, and screams HAHAHA!!!

Fast forward to 41:00
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbBwRQOvXOI[/ame]

fast forward to 41:09
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OGYyBMSxYY&feature=relmfu[/ame]

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Every show is the same. I can already tell you what the next show is about.

Someone will walk in the store and say "hey i've got a really stupid idea and a lot of money" At that point the music will go DUM DUM DUM for dramatic effect.
    The owner will say, "well we can do it for a crap ton of money" The two will then agree on a significant amount of money and there will be a cut scene explaining why Rich was willing to come down in his build price usually something to do with the purchaser loving his dad or being in the military.

He will then go downstairs and explain to the fat guy, the dork, and orville redenbacher the importance of the build and the time constraints as it is realllllly important this guy get his 400lb flint lock cannon/sword/helmet combo in 3 days. The fat guy and the dork will argue for a while and orville redenbacher will tell them he is the head gunsmith. The fat guy will make something unsafe out of wood and an octagonal barrel. Rich will walk downstairs and explain that if he fired that device, it would kick the earth out of rotation send us all cartwheeling into the sun. They will then make something that looks the same with different barrels. At some point the daughter will walk downstairs in a tank top and say something stupid. Popcorn guy, dork and the morbidly obese will act like they give a ****. She will then drive to pick up some crucial part and argue with the seller for a better deal. She will then remark about how it was her dads teachings that got her such a great deal on the part (and not because the guy is a convicted child molester). They will complete the gun and give it to justin bieber who will scratch it with a vibrating nail.

They will then go out to the desert with the owner and unveil his ridiculous purchase and tell him to shoot it at some explosives that have some sort of theme. The owner will blow up a few things. The grande finale (and the part i think i'd hate the most) is when the owner blows up the last item...rich then instantly snatches the thing from the guys hand, gets within 3 inches of his face, and screams HAHAHA!!!

That was both accurate and hilarious rep to you. This show is not as much fun to ridicule as Sons of Guns but close. But it does have better looking women.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    26_33_224.png

All you young bucks think this is a reason to watch the show?

Can't say I disagree.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Last night I saw my first and last episode of the show. I would not buy a gun from their shop let alone let any of those 4 stooges custom build anything for me. I think that I will now go back to auction hunters or storage wars or cajun pawn stars or pawn stars or American nose pickers since the sci fi channel is usually clogged up with ghost hunters. I just love it when any of those creeps knowingly screw someone out of something valuable with their whining and then turn around and brag about what a screw job they did on the poor sap. In the first place, I can not believe that anyone would be dumb enough to even try to deal with them in the first place. It is just about as bad as trying to trade in a good gun at one of the local gun shops (Ha Ha). Is this what television has come to??? I could not tell you how many channels I have with AT&T cable, but I can tell you how many channels are worth watching. I just renewed my contract for another year because they made me such a good deal on the bundle. What a mistake I made. I think that I will get up off my fat butt, select a like new firearm from my gun safe and go down to my local gun shop and try to get a good deal on a trade-in.

andrew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Where the fur traders sang

That is hilarious and spot on!!

Top Bottom