Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN

M88A1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bedford
    OK...the daughter is hot DAMN hot enough said.

Some of the guns seen during the show are interesting. I realize its TV but who in reality (correct me if I'm way out of touch) flies around in a helo with 100K cash to homes that look like mini palaces of the rich and famous with gun collections out the wazoo.

I'd rather watxh someone build a AR/AK/1911 or any other gun that most people have seen or heard of. The nuts and bolts of what it takes to build a quality weapon from the ground up. Something that a guy could do on his work bench at home if he was so inclined. Kinda like watching the DIY cahnnel for guns.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    sorry to rain on your parade but the work done in that link is not what i would call good paint work. Not trying to be a jerk but maybe you should look at some cars out there that have some NICE work on them. The mag looks good dont get me wrong...but it is not to the level we were talking about.

I guess my purple broke seeing as I was referring to that mag as "any monkey can paint" :dunno:

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Stencils and plotters allow any monkey to paint!
    Don't get me wrong, they have their place, but the good stuff is freehand! My airbrush would whoop that plotter just on principal! And sorry, but as soon as I see a rattle can, custom and quality have ran out the door!
    I'm with ya now chuddly. Just didn't want anybody getting the wrong idea! There are enough Maacos and Earl Sheibs out there! We don't need em getting in on guns too!

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    A buddy and me watched American Guns for the first time and I couldn't stop thinking Sons of Guns rip off. They've got the hot daughter and her close relationship with her dad. There's a scene where they were trying out the S&W .380 Bodyguard and shoot but they barely shot a full mag before saying they are done. It was cool that they were building a Yellow Boy from scratch, of course it'll cost an arm or a leg for the guy and the engraving. There's a point where they were buying a gun collection and damn it felt like they were ripping off this guy and pretty much telling the audience how much they plan to sell the guys each after they bought them

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    How about last nights episode where a guy brings in a Remington 870 field shotgun and wants it turned into a home defense shot gun... total price $1,700.00. Shorter barrel, side saddle, ghost ring sights, sling....

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I'm still impressed with the opening sequence.
    3 of the 4 family members are shown firing guns. 2 of those 3 are able to do it with their eyes closed. Difficult to tell if the mother also has that ability as her dark glasses prevent us from knowing.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    American Guns gets worse with every episode. That father is the most underhanded scum bag I have ever seen. He smiles that dirty smile every time he screws someone. What is worse are the monkeys in the basement. They do things with the wrong tools that even I know are ridiculous.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I do not like all of the fakeness and the way they rip off people. I wish the guy who had his 870 destroyed would have looked on ingo first. Is there any good gservice
    un shows on the outdoor channels? If there are I might have to upgrade my

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    That episode last night made me ill. A beautiful Wingmaster was destroyed when all they had to do was give him a tactical model with a Surefire forend. $700 tops. They charged him $1700 to f*** up his shotgun. Disgusting.

Top Bottom