• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I do believe this whole on line ting has exposed a flaw in human nature. Lazy.
    I was in Bobcat steel a while back and he said people that live a mile away want the ammo shipped to them. WTH people.
    It isn't always due to being lazy! I am 79 -be 80 in May, wife is 78 and on Oxygen 24/7. I don't go out for anything I can avoid as my wife is so high risk. I haven't had a haircut in a year, only building I have been in is the DR's office for test (once). I pick up groceries at the Walmart store (they load it in my Van- non contact). So Internet purchasing and shipping is the only other way I can purchase anything!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It isn't always due to being lazy! I am 79 -be 80 in May, wife is 78 and on Oxygen 24/7. I don't go out for anything I can avoid as my wife is so high risk. I haven't had a haircut in a year, only building I have been in is the DR's office for test (once). I pick up groceries at the Walmart store (they load it in my Van- non contact). So Internet purchasing and shipping is the only other way I can purchase anything!
    Of course there are always exceptions. Always.
    I speak of folks early 30's and up.

xxxleafybugxxx1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Indiana
    In these interesting ammo price times, how often are buying?
    Online?
    or lucky enough to find in a store?
    I'm used to paying less than $0.20 per round of 9mm. With prices now at 3x that, I'm wondering if this is just to buy it now because in 3-6 months it will be 3x again?
    I've historically stocked up. I don't shoot a ton, but have plenty if I need it.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Am i the only one hoping the price drops back to normal overnight just to see those gougers take a swift kick in the nads?

Im not exactly sitting pretty. I started running low and bought 1k 9mm, traded a gun for some 9 and .223, traded another gun for .223, traded some .223 for .22. Im not panicking but im not stocked. The only caliber i really wish i could find is some .357 mag. I haven’t seen any of that locally since April when i bought 1k for $350. Now im down to 100ish and really miss shooting my 686.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Hey MrBlue54. If you can find 9mm for $.60 a round, you'd better buy it. I just saw Blazer Brass 9mm and .380 today at $49.99 for a box of 50. I know a lady who paid $930 for 1k rds of 9mm last weekend and was glad to get it. Nope, I didn't buy any. I reload it.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Am i the only one hoping the price drops back to normal overnight just to see those gougers take a swift kick in the nads?

Im not exactly sitting pretty. I started running low and bought 1k 9mm, traded a gun for some 9 and .223, traded another gun for .223, traded some .223 for .22. Im not panicking but im not stocked. The only caliber i really wish i could find is some .357 mag. I haven’t seen any of that locally since April when i bought 1k for $350. Now im down to 100ish and really miss shooting my 686.
    No your not the only one. Screw the flippers. They are the type of people that would ask for money to cut their own grandmas lawn. Should be ashamed of themselves. I’m a firm believer that about 70% of this shortage is artificial. Go look on gunbroker, there is no shortage of ammo on the broad market. Just a few groups and people monopolizing it.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Said it before, will say it again.....

0a4ruuN.jpg

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    The last time this happened I went to WallyWorld to buy a knife. There was a line of about fifteen people waiting to buy 22 ammo. I walked up to the counter to look at the knives and nearly got lynched because I didn't get in line.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    No one knows exactly how its going to shake out. If you have the money to spare, sure, buy all you can. I'd say make sure you have at least 1k of each caliber owned. Otherwise you're just crossing your fingers that stock and prices will come back to normal.

but where am I going to find 1000 rounds of 7.65 Longue?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    but where am I going to find 1000 rounds of 7.65 Longue?
    Buy brass and load it. Starline has it in stock for a reasonable price too, only $195/K. https://www.starlinebrass.com/765-french-long

I have a friend in Louisiana with TWO transferable MAS-38 subguns in that caliber that he can now shoot much easier - making brass from .32 S&W Long on a lathe kinda sucks, especially when you have to do it in those kind of quantities, lol.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The last time this happened I went to WallyWorld to buy a knife. There was a line of about fifteen people waiting to buy 22 ammo. I walked up to the counter to look at the knives and nearly got lynched because I didn't get in line.
    Have not been able to buy ammo at the Kokomo wally-world in years. Neckbeards show up every morning and buy it all up!

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I’ve been passively buying ammo since the last fiasco. The wife thought it was silly before but after showing her the current prices she actually admitted I was smart lol
    Yeah it doesn't take long to get a decent stock. I'd been buying 1-2 boxes a trip when things were semi normal. Now I just buy what's there at a halfway decent price. But I'm not in need of anything so no pressure.

Top Bottom