• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What does stocked up mean? During a normal year I would shoot 15.000 rds of 9mm alone. I try to never let my stock get to low, but it is tough to stock up.
    I have probably 4-5 years of normal consumption. Since Covid however my shooting has gone further down, so probably now 10 years worth at current rate. .22 LR i have a lifetime of vigorous shooting.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    What does stocked up mean? During a normal year I would shoot 15.000 rds of 9mm alone. I try to never let my stock get to low, but it is tough to stock up.

Why? If you budget X for something, add 10% for extra until you have an adequate reserve built up. This goes for everything.

My philosophy for ammo and components was through my 30s and 40s to slowly build stock, occasionally dumping a windfall into it. Now my strategy is to still buy new but a little less than I shoot. I then always have a relatively liquid asset if I’m in trouble. It’s carried me quite well through the last three major shortages, and I shoot many thousands of rounds a year.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Why? If you budget X for something, add 10% for extra until you have an adequate reserve built up. This goes for everything.

My philosophy for ammo and components was through my 30s and 40s to slowly build stock, occasionally dumping a windfall into it. Now my strategy is to still buy new but a little less than I shoot. I then always have a relatively liquid asset if I’m in trouble. It’s carried me quite well through the last three major shortages, and I shoot many thousands of rounds a year.

A sound theory. I have a self control problem, the more ammo I have the more I shoot. I am stocked up on match ammo and self defense ammo, but practice ammo is starting to run short. I should be able to make it to the end of this year with the 4,000 rounds I have left depending on the weather.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    woLjKO3T.jpeg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's amazing that people think Republicans might be sexist. :rolleyes:

Is it 'sexist' to be disgusted by someone so obviously willing to **** and **** their way to the top?

Does it make it any better if we are also disgusted that Willie was willing to break his vows and wreck his own marriage?

Some standards apply to both (as in only two) sexes equally and I like my 'bubble' to be woke-free

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Watching ammoseek on a daily basis it looks like a few of the common calibers' have started to flatten out, if not even pull back a few cents in price.

This close to Christmas gotta wonder if many prospective ammo buyers are dedicating expendable $ to other purchases.

Of course if we get another round of $timulus many will treat that as windfall and we could start another upward ammo price cycle all over.

But what do I know, I'm just another peon in a field full of peonies.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    :+1:

I last bought ammo in May. My local shop had remanufactured 147 grain 9mm FMJ at $120/500 rounds. I didn't need it, but it was a fair price. I probably should have bought more... but I do think I'm good for several years.
    +1 so did i.. Im definitely not worried about running out of anything.. to top it, if I did run out of pills, I have a friend that casts them from wheel weights and casts every cal known just about.. I would hate using lead in some of my precision ones but heck if worse came to worse I'd do what I needed to put food in my family's bellies:)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    In these interesting ammo price times, how often are buying?
    Online?
    or lucky enough to find in a store?
    I'm used to paying less than $0.20 per round of 9mm. With prices now at 3x that, I'm wondering if this is just to buy it now because in 3-6 months it will be 3x again?
    I was going to list 9mm for .30 / round, but I couldn't get the listing fired up, so I gave it away for Christmas.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    If I could find reasonably priced small pistol primers and the 9mm bullet supply doesn't run out, I'd never need to buy pistol ammo. I've got enough 9mm brass I'm putting it in my will.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I’m set on 9mm but ended up getting a new toy in 45 ACP. I never stocked up 45 since I didn’t own anything 45. Now I’m looking at 60-80CPR for FMJ

I’ve got bookmarks at the normal places and opening up Reddit throughout the day to see if I get lucky and find something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I bought an used Dillon 550 and two XL650 in the past 4 years, the only ammo I've bought are 22's.

I still shoot regularly with my son, we are set for 3-4 years without buying anything.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've managed to find some "decent" deals based on the current market for 7.62x39mm this week...
    .35 to .40 cents per round for Barnaul and Red Army Standard.
    I'm seeing more of this round now than I've seen in a few months... picked up a case (1K) of Golden Tiger yesterday for .25 cents per round out the door. SCORE!
    Last time I bought GT it was 200 out the door and that was at Gander Mtn in FW.
    Never thought I'd see the day when this caliber would go for more than .20 cents a round.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Lots of people say to stock up 1k. I guess it all depends on how much you shoot. I was shooting about 1k of 9mm a month last year. If that’s the case, you are SOL. Lol. I have significantly decreased the amount I train. It pisses me off but I guess it’s the “new normal”...

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Well he is just repeating what we all know.
    So? There are ten thousand reasons to oppose Kamala Harris. Her relationship history isn't on the list.

Why are the claims of sex-for-career-advancement always laid against women and never laid against men? (Pun definitely intended.) Why hasn't there been such a claim against, for instance, Jared Kushner? He married Ivanka after Trump's first presidential run, and her family was worth hundreds of millions of dollars more than his. Why was Harris's relationship about advancement and Kushner's wasn't?

If the partner is doing it right, women can enjoy sex too. (I realize that some of the people reading this may just have to take my word on that, but it's true.) Sometimes women choose to have sex just because they want to. Constantly bringing up her relationship history as a negative is going to drive other women away from your positions, not draw women toward your positions.

Top Bottom