• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Guys, 21 cases 'spoken for' on teh interwebs is a FAR CRY from 100 cases paid for. I will say, however, that such a group buy is theoretically possible, but I am not very optimistic in seeing this happen. All that being said, I will humbly offer to be the one to take delivery of said pallet if this comes to fruition. My business has a loading dock and forklift (which will surely be needed).

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Guys, 21 cases 'spoken for' on teh interwebs is a FAR CRY from 100 cases paid for. I will say, however, that such a group buy is theoretically possible, but I am not very optimistic in seeing this happen. All that being said, I will humbly offer to be the one to take delivery of said pallet if this comes to fruition. My business has a loading dock and forklift (which will surely be needed).

Agreed on both accounts. The loading dock and forklift would be needed.And your offer is accepted :) And yes 21 cases spoken for is a far cry from 100 paid for,but ammo is going sky high.We have enough members to hit 100 cases though. And I think the deadline for jan 11 at the 1500 is a good idea.If we can not hit it by then at least we tried :) I will talk with some others and see about getting an account going.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Suggest this thread gets CLOSED and a new GROUP BUY get started.
    I take it the MIX & MATCH is not possible so if you will not be doing 7.62 ammo I'm afraid I'm out.

MODERATOR can you close this one?
    SMOKINGMAN can you open a GROUP BUY.
    Thanks

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    If this happens after chirstmas I want at least 1 case. My goal is 2 but we will just have to wait. 1 for sure after christmas.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I'd be in for 2 cases. One potential difficulty in a group buy would be that you have to wait for 100 cases, during which time folks might get nervous about prices and buy single cases by themselves.

Oh, one question. I'm new to ARs, and I just want to confirm that Lake City is top shelf military, right?

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    One potential difficulty in a group buy would be that you have to wait for 100 cases, during which time folks might get nervous about prices and buy single cases by themselves.

Why would people get nervous? Seems like even if prices go up by a few bucks a case, everyone would still be in, but if it jumps too drasticly then you would have people buying out.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'd be in for 2 cases. One potential difficulty in a group buy would be that you have to wait for 100 cases, during which time folks might get nervous about prices and buy single cases by themselves.

Oh, one question. I'm new to ARs, and I just want to confirm that Lake City is top shelf military, right?

With an order this large, it would have to be cash in advance.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I didn't say that very well. I just meant that prices might rise between now and the time you could find enough folks to fill the order. I wasn't sure how long that might take.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Group buys only work if someone takes the reins to organize it. Almost always, what we get is thirty people saying "I'm in, just tell me when and where!" and nothing ends up happening.

DON'T WAIT FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO ORGANIZE IT!

If you're interested, DO IT!

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Group buys only work if someone takes the reins to organize it. Almost always, what we get is thirty people saying "I'm in, just tell me when and where!" and nothing ends up happening.

DON'T WAIT FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO ORGANIZE IT!

If you're interested, DO IT!

No need to yell. I just thought I post again to BTT. I think there need to be more people expressing an interest before it can be organized beyond what it is now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Many people expressed interest IF AND ONLY IF it is after the holiday.
    So I suggest we wait to start the "real" list until after the holiday so you get a real count of who is in and who is not. The idea of setting up a bank account for the desposits is too complex me thinks.

An easier idea would be that the main POC be mailed money orders payable to company xyz and when the order is ready that person sends all the money orders.

Only question is if this falls apart can the money order be void and given back to the owner???

Top Bottom