• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Many people expressed interest IF AND ONLY IF it is after the holiday.
    So I suggest we wait to start the "real" list until after the holiday so you get a real count of who is in and who is not. The idea of setting up a bank account for the desposits is too complex me thinks.

An easier idea would be that the main POC be mailed money orders payable to company xyz and when the order is ready that person sends all the money orders.

Only question is if this falls apart can the money order be void and given back to the owner???

That was what it boiled down to for me. I agree after the holidays I will try and get this off the ground :)

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Sigh.........

I am not the person to coordinate a group buy.

I also think that some of you are being a bit optimistic in regards to folks actually following thru with their "I'll take 1 maybe 2 cases" comments.

But never the less, I am glad I posted the link so you guys may consider a GB. As for my participation, I will kindly back away.

Speaking of group buys, I ran across a thread elsewhere about a group buy gone wrong, at least gone slightly wrong. Seems to be headed in the right direction now.

AR Lower group buy PAYMENTS received list - 1919a4 forums

Of course I randomly chose this particular FFL to do a transfer for me the other day. Thinking they aren't going to be in a hurry to get back with me about the $10 I'm going to pay them for the transfer. May be in Mosin limbo for a while, who knows?:rolleyes:

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    That group buy got out of hand quickly and was not very well organized, we will not get 4k cases of ammo sold, and it was posted on like 15 websites. There has to be a limit on where it is posted, if others want to do the same let them start their own on their favorite forum

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    That group buy got out of hand quickly and was not very well organized, we will not get 4k cases of ammo sold, and it was posted on like 15 websites. There has to be a limit on where it is posted, if others want to do the same let them start their own on their favorite forum

Amen!

I can't even imagine the poor folks who said, "Yeah, I'll process that for you!" and then ended up ordering 4,000 AR uppers...or was it lowers? Either way, I agree it seems like a good idea poorly executed, as we like to say at work.

Top Bottom