• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It's kinda funny. I stock up constantly. Buy a box or 2 of something every month and add it to the pile. Not a ton of cash. $40 or so a month. Hunting, defensive, whatever is priced well. I organized it a few weeks ago and thought, man-I'm good for years. Suddenly things are dissapearing and prices are going up. Now I wish I had more. Human nature I guess.
    This is the advice I give people who are on a tight budget. You keep that up and you'll have several cases of ammunition over a few years time.
    That is what I suggest they do for storage ammunition, and tell them to buy extra if they plan on shooting that month.
    As a reloader I just buy components on sale and load as needed when I plan to shoot.
    I've got ammunition in storage that I don't touch unless it's time to rotate out some older ammunition and replace it with something newer.
    For instance I get ahold of 500 147gr HST bullets for 9mm.
    I'll load them up and put them in storage and shoot up old HP such as XTP, or other HP that aren't as good as HST or Gold Dot.
    Another is I'll load up 75gr FMJ 5.56 and replace any 55gr and 62gr FMJ ammunition in storage.
    I like to rotate out the bulk cheaper ammo with my much better preforming hand loaded ammunition.

Top Bottom