• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And you are missing the point. Its a financial discussion. Nobody said anything about the procedure being right or wrong. THAT is where it gets political. And nobody went there. And nobody is going to go there in this thread.

So to quote a great ingoer "We are done here".

Back to the topic at hand.

The issue isnt as dire as some want to think We are back to supply and demand issues, not total cutoff. I dont think they are shipping random retail batches of .223 overseas yet.

Reactions: Mij

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    If you don't have 5.56 ammo, and need it, that's totally your problem.
    It's Panic buying time for you! You knew better.
    I've said it many times before, one can't prepare the night before.

If one didn't learn from the Past Administrations to prepare, you just aren't listening.

KomboJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Paragon
    As to Lake City in Misery, yes. Sounds like a great time for INGO to support Indiana based ammo makers!

And, also a great time to learn about economic fungibility.
    Do you have a good list of Indiana based ammo manufacturers? Most of the time searching I get lists of just gun shops and not ammo manufacturers.

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    Targetspotrsusa still has handgun ammo at what is considered "normalized" pricing. Won't last long I'm sure. We've all been down this road and should not be panic buying right now, we should all be sitting on a nice stash right now.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Do you have a good list of Indiana based ammo manufacturers? Most of the time searching I get lists of just gun shops and not ammo manufacturers.

KomboJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Paragon
    Targetspotrsusa still has handgun ammo at what is considered "normalized" pricing. Won't last long I'm sure. We've all been down this road and should not be panic buying right now, we should all be sitting on a nice stash right now.
    I'm sitting on a nice stash. 5.56 and 223 isn't what I'm looking for anymore. Really could use some nicely priced 6.5 Grendel

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Was talking to my gunsmith/gun shop owner today. He told me that suppliers/distributors are going to stop selling to civilians for the time being.Its ALL going to the military for a while . I would stock up fast you guys, you know how it goes. Just food for thought.

Let me guess, he raised his prices on ammo?

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Was talking to my gunsmith/gun shop owner today. He told me that suppliers/distributors are going to stop selling to civilians for the time being.Its ALL going to the military for a while . I would stock up fast you guys, you know how it goes. Just food for thought.
    I gotta ask, what shop was this please?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Yep. Anybody who hasn't learned from the last 941 ammo panics, I have no sympathy for them. Like the old saying goes, buy it cheap and stack it deep.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    This is why you have many different calibers. When one highly popular caliber is hard to find you can still buy the less, or unpopular calibers. They seem to remain on the shelves much longer.
    Unfortunately, they all cost dearly.
    If it wasn't for reloading my shooting addiction would be severely curtailed

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    This is why you have many different calibers. When one highly popular caliber is hard to find you can still buy the less, or unpopular calibers. They seem to remain on the shelves much longer.
    Well, that gives me the excuse to shopping and when the wife asks why, I’ll give her your response!

Top Bottom