• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I just left Sportsman’s Warehouse in Brownsburg. They had some 556 for 10.99 (FE?) and PMC for 11.99. I picked up a few as I always do. Little here little there, all adds up.

While I was there looking at the 556 there was a middle aged Mid Eastern looking guy speaking on his phone looking at the same things. He was talking some kind of Arabic ? language. Walking away, then back again. I was in another isle and he would walk by then go back to the 556 ammo on the end cap. I went to look for something else and when my wife and I were leaving she told me he bought all the 556 ammo that was 10.99. There had to be at least 60 - 80 boxes; maybe more. She was freaking out!

I think the crap within the world has everyone’s feeling on high alert. Like I said, I picked up 2 boxes PMC for me but when she found me to tell me about that guys, she had picked up a few more boxes and said you need more.! ;-). She kept asking me, what’s he gonna do with all that. Finally she is wakening up to the world around her.

That’s not all the guy bought. While I was looking for a new speed loader she was scouting and said he was buying even more.

Anyway - Sportsman’s Warehouse Brownsburg had some good prices on 20 round boxes. Get there soon, before “that guy” (as my wife calls him) buys everything.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    This is great advice when it comes to ammo buys. Kinda like casually saving change in a jar. Not much thought about, but all the while it compounds. It also lends to having a bit of variety in ammo calibers and specs.
    Like to do that if I could find some .243 or. 270 win. It’s been scarce in coyote world.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    This is great advice when it comes to ammo buys. Kinda like casually saving change in a jar. Not much thought about, but all the while it compounds. It also lends to having a bit of variety in ammo calibers and specs.
    I toss dimes and quarters in a jar each night. I have done it for decades now, when its full I roll it up and buy smokeless with it. I used to be able to get two 8 lbers a year with that change, now its only one.

Shout out for Brian in Greentown...

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Defensive .38 Special is hit and miss in Kokomo. When I can find it, it's kinda steep.
    I have plenty of food for AR and AK not that I own any or anything. Just barter goods for well, you know!

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Defensive .38 Special is hit and miss in Kokomo. When I can find it, it's kinda steep.
    I have plenty of food for AR and AK not that I own any or anything. Just barter goods for well, you know!
    Absolutely A great bartering tool. I don’t own guns but I do buy ammo. At some point I can use if like cash.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    5.56 is too dangerous anyhow.
    I heard that's a "high powered" round designed for war, and killing.

Come to think of it... I seem to remember going to war a few times, and killing people with it.
    Frightening. Keep those things away from me.

I wouldn't have use for it here at home.

Not unless somebody tried to destroy my way of life, and I was forced to go to war again.
    Gee, I hope that doesn't happen.
    yep, that is why I like 30-06, it is just an old hunting caliber, not like that deadly M16 round.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    yep, that is why I like 30-06, it is just an old hunting caliber, not like that deadly M16 round.
    Exactly. AR15 bullets are meant to be shot through body armor to kill bad guys in war. That round would obliterate a deer! You need friendly old 30-06 if you want to shoot a deer and salvage the meat.

Also, 5.56 be like, "That's me on the left!"...
    1698495591405.png

cmdrken1

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 28, 2023
    Saint John
    I got lucky this time around just relocated to IN and stocked up a little before any of the current crop of panic inducing events started. Just about out of all the 2019 priced boxes though.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    It's kinda funny. I stock up constantly. Buy a box or 2 of something every month and add it to the pile. Not a ton of cash. $40 or so a month. Hunting, defensive, whatever is priced well. I organized it a few weeks ago and thought, man-I'm good for years. Suddenly things are dissapearing and prices are going up. Now I wish I had more. Human nature I guess.

Top Bottom