• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Astrid Tasks, Angry Birds, Chase Banking, USAA Banking, Mint (can you tell I like to monitor my bank accounts, lol) TeslaLED, Titanium Backup, and of course, Rom Manager. I should note, root your phone. It is not hard, and you can get access to some really good ROMs that can save battery life. I am using Pete's Bugless Beast right now, and I like it. I have tried switching, but keep coming back!

Since I've had my phone for a mere month and as Integraholic mentioned, rooting a phone will void the warranty. Something I'm not planning on doing since this little toy is not cheap by any means.

Angry Birds, got that... but I'm not addict iced to it.

TelsaLED, love this little app, those twin LED's for the flash are very bright and I really love the morse code function. I wonder just how long it will operate in dire need. That flashing S.O.S. should be see for a very long
    distance.

Titanium Backup, hmm.... I may need to look into this one. (I now see that this requires rooting, so this is out)

Bank apps, not gonna happen on my phone. I can transfer money and check funds nicely using the keypad on it without having an app.

Last edited:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Since I've had my phone for a mere month and as Integraholic mentioned, rooting a phone will void the warranty. Something I'm not planning on doing since this little toy is not cheap by any means.

Angry Birds, got that... but I'm not addict iced to it.

TelsaLED, love this little app, those twin LED's for the flash are very bright and I really love the morse code function. I wonder just how long it will operate in dire need. That flashing S.O.S. should be see for a very long
    distance.

Titanium Backup, hmm.... I may need to look into this one. (I now see that this requires rooting, so this is out)

Bank apps, not gonna happen on my phone. I can transfer money and check funds nicely using the keypad on it without having an app.

And as I pointed out, rooting only sort of voids the warranty. To each their own though.

At least take a look at Mint. It is read only, so no risk. It has really helped me budget.

Another thing to try out, Swype. Some phones have it included, others have to get on a list and wait a long time for it. It is worth it though. It perfects an already good virtual-pad.

Apps I forgot to add: Barcode scanner, NPR, Scanner Radio (police scanner!)

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    The apps I use most on my Nexus One: Facebook, Twitter, Engadget, and the Dolphin web browser

Games: WordWrench and BreakTheBlocks, I know the developer....

MCFD713

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Avon, IN
    Astro, it is a file browsing app to look through the enter area's of your phone and copy, or move files without docking to a PC. Also works to hide private things encase a friend or coworker get ahold of your phone. Opening the pictures folder on mine gets you only pics of cars and gun :D. Handcent as said before is great, IPSC timer is okay if no one else is shooting and you adjust the sensitivity. Barns and Noble's Nook app is a nice reader and a ton of books on there both free and paid. doubleTwist is a good media player.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I turn on my 3G hot spot and it doesn't ask me to pay when I go to INGO. If I go to some other sites, it will tell me to sign up for the monthly service.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm looking for an app to store pics (possibly faces, definitely biz cards.) These pics need to be cloud/URL based to be linked in Gmail contacts.

I guess maybe Photobucket is a solution, but something much simpler and less cumbersome would be appreciated. I'm looking to be handed a biz card, take out phone, click. Click again, hand back card and take a face pic to accompany, if appropriate.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I'm looking for an app to store pics (possibly faces, definitely biz cards.) These pics need to be cloud/URL based to be linked in Gmail contacts.

I guess maybe Photobucket is a solution, but something much simpler and less cumbersome would be appreciated. I'm looking to be handed a biz card, take out phone, click. Click again, hand back card and take a face pic to accompany, if appropriate.

Maybe Dropbox ??? You can take a picture, click "Share" and upload it to your dropbox account, which syncs with your computer and then you can import into Google Contacts later? I don't think it's EXACTLY what you are looking for, but I see it as a better solution than Photobucket.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Maybe Dropbox ??? You can take a picture, click "Share" and upload it to your dropbox account, which syncs with your computer and then you can import into Google Contacts later? I don't think it's EXACTLY what you are looking for, but I see it as a better solution than Photobucket.

Agreed. I was going to suggest DropBox to the OP myself. Being able to access my work related documents anywhere has saved my butt a couple times.

I also recommend a Power Control widget such as Widgetsoid. It allows you to toggle on/off your Bluetooth, WiFi, DataSync, 3g, etc etc etc from the main screen. Apps like these do more to save battery than anything else, IMO.

If you use the Firefox or Chrome browsers FoxToPhone or ChromeToPhone is pretty handy. It allows you to right click in your computers browser and send pics, links, text etc directly to your phone.

If you take notes in your phone then Note Everything, and it's companion NE Gdocs is handy. It allows you to sync notes on your phone to your Google Docs account, and vice versa.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I finally going to get my droidx this evening. I will be loading up a bunch of apps to play with. My only issue is with getting it brand new or buying the reconditioned ones, they are $50 cheaper than the new ones.

Also what kind of cases are you guys using. I am very hard on phones.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Agreed. I was going to suggest DropBox to the OP myself. Being able to access my work related documents anywhere has saved my butt a couple times.

Yep! I started using Dropbox for syncing my laptops together, I use a Tablet PC to take notes on in class, then they automatically show up on my other laptop with 22" monitor attached for homework when I get home. VERY convenient. Also makes sharing files with friends super easy. AND...Anytime I post pictures here I usually post from my Dropbox account, drop file, right click and copy public link and send it to anyone!

Now with my phone I basically send all of my pictures there so I don't have to transfer them to my PC later, Dropbox is definitely one of the best programs period. For PC,Mac,Mobile!

Wow that sounded like an advertisement.. :):

PS. Thanks to whoever clicked my link to sign up, you gave me some bonus space and you should have received some extra as well!

Top Bottom