• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Keep us updated on how that works out for you...
    I'm sorry, I forget I don't really post here enough for you guys to tell when I'm kidding or not. That was just a little CC humor on OC. Oh and no it wasn't a stab at OC vs CC. I do both and believe both have their time and place :)

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    Wuss:D

OK, only kidding, well mostly;)

I was man shopping. You know were you get in and out in 10 minutes. Well that day turned into 40 minutes i answered all the mans questions he probably went and rented a glock to shoot at the indoor gun range i suggested. He also probably signed up for the Arizona CCW class. While talking with the man little kids were like look mommy hes got a gun. That got old fast.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    I keep seeing this "I don't like the attention" statement. What attention? People run up and point and scream "He's got a gun!!" at all of you non-attention seekers? Or do they run away yelling the same? Do they come up and tug on your sleeve and ask to see "it"? Follow you around whispering and pointing? What attention are you getting?

Are you sure it isn't the toilet paper still stuck to the bottom of your Keds?

Lately (last week or so) I've had:

- Military kid (I'm a military kid myself, so I'm not being disrespectful) come in in a Walmart and loudly attempt to make a scene about how carrying in a place with a "financial institution" is illegal and to leave before I get in trouble. I politely told him I'm authorized to carry and to leave me alone.

- Trying to look at cottage cheese in a different Walmart, when a guy came up to me trying to harass me asking me if I was a cop, trying to tell me his permit says concealed only, he "knows" open carry is illegal. I less than politely told him to mind his own business.

I think I'm just going to completely ignore any strangers in Walmart who try to talk to me about my firearms. These people were trying to draw attention to me, by saying things loudly.

firefighter4884

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Evansville
    I tend to open carry at the gun shop that I frequent. The owner knows me by name, voice, etc. and I occasionally help him if he's getting overwhelmed with customers.

Other then that, about the only place I open carry is around my own house and yard while I'm playing with the dogs (we have a 6' fence around the backyard, and you can't see into the yard from the street.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I normally discreetly carry (on my hip, under a jacket) but tonight I decided to oc when the wife took me out to dinner. Nobody even batted an eyelash, if they even noticed.

Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    Lately (last week or so) I've had:

- Military kid (I'm a military kid myself, so I'm not being disrespectful) come in in a Walmart and loudly attempt to make a scene about how carrying in a place with a "financial institution" is illegal and to leave before I get in trouble. I politely told him I'm authorized to carry and to leave me alone.

- Trying to look at cottage cheese in a different Walmart, when a guy came up to me trying to harass me asking me if I was a cop, trying to tell me his permit says concealed only, he "knows" open carry is illegal. I less than politely told him to mind his own business.

I think I'm just going to completely ignore any strangers in Walmart who try to talk to me about my firearms. These people were trying to draw attention to me, by saying things loudly.

I was in wallyworld this week and the loud voice thing happened to me also. I was carrying an Airweight in an IWB holster. The "stop, thief" dinger went off and I was showing my receipt and purchase to the greeter. A gal was standing right next to me and then she moved sideways about 4 steps and literally yelled "ARE YOU SERIOUS?" and was pointing at me.
    I give her the what a goober look, shake my head and look back at the greeter. The greeter lady smiles about it and I go on ignoring the the shout lady.
    The IWB holster is about as open as it gets for me right now. I have carried completely open, but not very often.

ranjah6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Got into to a nice little debate at the camp atterbury range with the nice chap behind the counter. It started by me commenting that I would probably oc in the summer because I prefer to carry a full size kimber as apposed to my little 380 I carried last summer. With shorts and a t shirt the thing patterns so much you might as well be oc. He informed me that he had a lot of police friends and even with my ltch I was risking going to jail as oc in Indiana is a crime. I'm active duty military and move a lot. I make sure I do a lot of homework on carry laws when in a new area so I felt obligated to educate the man. While our professional discussion never turned into an argument the fellow did seem rather agitated that I told him his police friends where giving him bad information. So much for a friendly debate I guess, and man I hope I never run into his police buddies.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I do love it when an older open carry thread gets bumped up to the top. ;)

...I make sure I do a lot of homework on carry laws when in a new area so I felt obligated to educate the man...

Glad you'd done your research and knew the facts. :yesway:

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    I open carry alot and never had any real problems.

Been asked to cover it up once but thats about it.

I dont really care for any advantages it brings or it dont brings its more of a comfort thing for me.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I had a guy come out to give me an estimate on some work today. It was at least 45 minutes before he realized that I was OC.

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    i-dont-always-bump-threads-but-when-i-do-i-make-sure-theyre-three-years-old.jpg

Holy thread revival, Batman!

Top Bottom