• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Even though legal, I wouldn't carry openly because I wouldn't want the hassle of dealing with the "man with a gun" complaints that may be called in. Besides, it's nobody else's business if I'm armed or not.

This has pretty much been my policy from day one.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I almost always carry concealed. I own a business and would not want to scare off sheeple. LOL
    That said, yesterday I carried with a tshirt over my firearm as I do most everyday. When I got to work in a downpour opening gates and then the shop my shirt got soaked. It's ok I wear a work shirt here at the shop but then when I went home last night My tshirt was still wet. So, I carried openly with only my undershirt on. Stopped at a mini mart and got my wife and I a fountain coke on the way home.
    There were no people shot and the police were not called!!! Woot! :rockwoot:

I love Indiana! :yesway:

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    I've carried both OC & CC. Just more comfortable moving about in various settings with CC. Go with your comfort zone and be safe and smart either way.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have been OCing a lot more lately and had good reactions but South Bend has been going down hill pretty quickly and many more people are showing a interest in defending themselves.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I have started OCing recently. I've gotten a few "Are you a cop?" or the "Is that real?" but most all the time, nothing has been said. When I get asked if I'm a cop, I tend to reply "No. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night." A little levity tends to relax most who might be a little nervous.

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I open carry for now. When I get a gun that is more comfortable to conceal I will probably start CCing more. I figure if people want to stare then and make a fuss they can. We all have the right and some of us choose to exercise it. Do what you feel comfortable with and don't let anybody change your mind.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    I only open carry, never had a problem with anybody. Some of my friends were surprised at first, but now that they see me everywhere and every time open carrying they don't notice it anymore.

And this is the main reason why I open carry. Maybe if we all do it more often the general public will stop feeling weird about guns.

dcampbell86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Muncie
    I have open carried a couple of times but I usually don't because it does draw attention. For instance one time i was carrying my Glock 19 concealed at wal-mart and decided to open carry because I was uncomfortable from the talon grips rubbing my side raw and the only problem I had was a guy from michigan asked about the indiana gun carry laws and I informed him that it was perfectly legal to open carry and then we just continued to talk about my Glock.

Top Bottom