April 23-24th Crawfordsville Revere's Riders event - Who's going?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I learned today that you can not reply to a private message on here until you have at least 50 posts, which I do not yet have. I could swear that I've sent a private message on here before, but maybe that's just my age catching me...

I think I have almost everything I need. I didn't get mats or slings, but I think I have everything else. I'm sure that I'm forgetting something totally obvious.

8 more quality posts and the pm feature will be unlocked for you.

PS have fun.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I learned today that you can not reply to a private message on here until you have at least 50 posts, which I do not yet have. I could swear that I've sent a private message on here before, but maybe that's just my age catching me...

I think I have almost everything I need. I didn't get mats or slings, but I think I have everything else. I'm sure that I'm forgetting something totally obvious.

After the weekend when the AAR is posted, get in there and talk about your experience. You'll be at 50 in no time with great posts that no one (or most) won't challenge.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    hahaha... I forgot how much I miss you guys.

So waiting not so patiently for an update on today's activities. Had class and couldn't be there, but thought about it for sure.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    hahaha... I forgot how much I miss you guys.

So waiting not so patiently for an update on today's activities. Had class and couldn't be there, but thought about it for sure.

She does miss me!!!! Truly a remarkable day in history and for all of INGO to see. :D

It was a great first day. 12 shooters on the line and everyone made progress. I think this group will produce several patch recipients. Big shout out to our 10yr old shooter....she shot every stage, all day and never used a rest. She made that pink 10/22 sing a pretty song.

ATM has expanded his remix catalog, and that alone was worth the price of admission. Watch out Kanye....ATM in da house.

Miss you you too Rayne. Come see us tomorrow.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Wife is passed out already. I won't be too far behind her. We had an absolute blast. Can't wait for tomorrow. As far as patching, what do we need to shoot to patch?

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Great event and big thanks to all the participants for making this shoot a success. I love it when the turnout is better on the second day!!!! Also, big CONGRATULATIONS to all those who patched today and earned their rifleman candy. It was a bad day to be a steel plate though...they took a beating.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Cary and I couldn't get there until mid-day today. I _almost_ forgot how awesome these events are. Thirty seconds after walking in I regretted not being there for every minute of it. The instruction in the clubhouse for the transition from 25 to 100 yards was great. Anyone who can make an event where we shoot beyond 25 yards should--it's a great way to really get to know your rifle, your ammo, and yourself as a marksman.

We got our pair of Tavors on the line and Cary did his share of destruction on the steel plates. Mine has a 1-6x optic and his hit rate on the plates was 100% with it--even the little round 4" guy. He had a 1x red dot on his and his hit rate with that was about 75%. There's a story to how I showed up with a rifle that was sighted-in indoors at 25 yards and brought outdoors ready to perform so well at 100 yards without any adjustment. I'll write that up in the coming days in the long guns sub-forum.

Last edited:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I stopped by briefly today to visit some old friends, and to meet some new ones.
    This group continually makes me happy and proud, to allow me to call them friends.

Thanks for having me! :)

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Once again, we had an awesome time. This group is always SO fantastic with the kids- you always make them feel important as soon as they arrive and you stick with them, keeping them engaged and confident, until we drive away on Sunday. Of course they have tons of fun shooting, but I know it's the people, along with the shooting, who make this such an enjoyable experience for them. Two siblings staying mere inches from each other all day long for two days straight... this time getting sunburned, and at past events getting rained on... and never getting on each other's nerves, is a true testament to the enjoyment level of these events.

Also, as usual, we were not as prepared as we could have been. One of these days we'll get it together. On that note, I want to thank everyone who loaned or gave the kids equipment to use.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Also, as usual, we were not as prepared as we could have been. One of these days we'll get it together. On that note, I want to thank everyone who loaned or gave the kids equipment to use.

This right here shows the commitment to the program. Everyone is always almost tripping over each other to loan equipment or supplies to each other. It is an amazing program and group of people. And Popsicles. Mmm. Popsicles

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Once again, we had an awesome time. This group is always SO fantastic with the kids- you always make them feel important as soon as they arrive and you stick with them, keeping them engaged and confident, until we drive away on Sunday.

One of these days maybe we'll get Mom and Dad to shoot too! :ar15:

After every event I drive away thinking "Man, what a great group of people." - Both the shooters and instructors.

All shooters shot safety, made improvements, and had fun. It was a great weekend.

ps - I have a really sweet farmer's tan today.

sofrosune

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Just wanted to echo some of the previous comments. Had a great time this weekend. This was my first RR event (had never been to an AS either) and I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but the quality of the instruction, the process they implement and the enthusiasm of the instructors were awesome. I hadn't ever done much more than plinking off of a bench, so this was a whole new world. I'd definitely return to another program and recommend it to others. Also, bacon...it tastes even better when it's earned.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Just wanted to echo some of the previous comments. Had a great time this weekend. This was my first RR event (had never been to an AS either) and I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but the quality of the instruction, the process they implement and the enthusiasm of the instructors were awesome. I hadn't ever done much more than plinking off of a bench, so this was a whole new world. I'd definitely return to another program and recommend it to others. Also, bacon...it tastes even better when it's earned.

Congrats on that 49/50. A job well done for sure. It was great meeting you.

Top Bottom