April 23-24th Crawfordsville Revere's Riders event - Who's going?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I really need to get out to a RR shoot. I've got my AS patch, so now I need the RR equivalent. And I cant wait for my kids to be old enough to bring them along.

And eventually I hope to find the time in my life to volunteer. These are top notch folks that I'd be proud to stand beside on the line.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    I sure had a lot of fun on Sunday as a participant. It was obvious how serious all the attendees were when it came to improving their shooting and soaking up the history. A very impressive group of Americans!

Already looking forward to the next Crawfordsville event.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I really need to get out to a RR shoot. I've got my AS patch, so now I need the RR equivalent. And I cant wait for my kids to be old enough to bring them along.

And eventually I hope to find the time in my life to volunteer. These are top notch folks that I'd be proud to stand beside on the line.

I heard those RR patches should be available any day now or certainly before you have grand kids.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I sure had a lot of fun on Sunday as a participant. It was obvious how serious all the attendees were when it came to improving their shooting and soaking up the history. A very impressive group of Americans! and outstanding British.

Already looking forward to the next Crawfordsville event.

I second everything above. A fantastic venue and gathering of people and looking forward to the next one.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I planned to stop and say hello on my way to Lafayette, but it was past 17:00 when I drove by the gun club!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Can someone either link me or PM me the reasons from the semi-recent shift away from AS and towards RR?

I need to get an AS or RR class. *sigh*

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Can someone either link me or PM me the reasons from the semi-recent shift away from AS and towards RR?

I need to get an AS or RR class. *sigh*

Cliffs notes: There was a disagreement between several/many of the Indiana team and Appleseed HQ. Some of those Indiana instructors were dismissed by HQ, and most of the rest followed them and went to (Started?) Revere's Riders.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Cliffs notes: There was a disagreement between several/many of the Indiana team and Appleseed HQ. Some of those Indiana instructors were dismissed by HQ, and most of the rest followed them and went to (Started?) Revere's Riders.

I'm not able to rep you any more... But thanks for the Cliff's notes!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks. And just to give even more kudos to the Revere's Riders staff, there is no real animosity that I have heard toward the overall program. At least on the RR side, from what I have experienced, the attitude is "Do at least ONE of them". Both are a good program and full of valuable information. While I am sure they are partial to RR (naturally), I dont know of anyone who would knock you for doing Appleseed.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Thanks. And just to give even more kudos to the Revere's Riders staff, there is no real animosity that I have heard toward the overall program. At least on the RR side, from what I have experienced, the attitude is "Do at least ONE of them". Both are a good program and full of valuable information. While I am sure they are partial to RR (naturally), I dont know of anyone who would knock you for doing Appleseed.

This. Both programs are aiming for the same goal. Both are fun. Both are extremely informational. Both are inexpensive as far as training goes or as far as entertainment for a weekend goes.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    It also kind of boils down to time. I personally don't have time to do both, and I prefer the curriculum(s) at RR better. So whether you choose one or both, the important thing is that you chose to develop your skills and learn some history that you may not know. There is plenty of room on the playground for all to play.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Gentlemen, please don't suggest circumstances unless you were first hand witnesses. I was not only a witness, I was one of the people that were initially kicked out. In fact, four people were kicked out, myself, another Hoosier, an Ohioan, and some dude from the Southeast who now lives in Nevada. The reason was because those people began questioning leadership on a variety of topics. Leadership accused the four of us of creating a toxic environment on the AS forum, blamed us for low volunteer commitment, and a variety of other sins. The whys and wherefores are many. No other Indiana instructor left voluntarily, certainly not because they had their feels broke by me and some other schlump getting booted. Appleseed Leadership, though, was highly paranoid and had dealt with folks questioning their authority by sanitizing the forum and booting large chunks of people. That said, believing that they were in some sort of loyalty contest with myself and schlump, they offered all Indiana instructors a choice. They could sign a loyalty pledge or get out. They had something like a week to decide. Most of them were still going , "wha? Huh?" When they were removed from the program by having their forum accounts made inactive.

Thats from rom a first hand account. i was SPQR on the Appleseed forum.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Gentlemen, please don't suggest circumstances unless you were first hand witnesses. I was not only a witness, I was one of the people that were initially kicked out. In fact, four people were kicked out, myself, another Hoosier, an Ohioan, and some dude from the Southeast who now lives in Nevada. The reason was because those people began questioning leadership on a variety of topics. Leadership accused the four of us of creating a toxic environment on the AS forum, blamed us for low volunteer commitment, and a variety of other sins. The whys and wherefores are many. No other Indiana instructor left voluntarily, certainly not because they had their feels broke by me and some other schlump getting booted. Appleseed Leadership, though, was highly paranoid and had dealt with folks questioning their authority by sanitizing the forum and booting large chunks of people. That said, believing that they were in some sort of loyalty contest with myself and schlump, they offered all Indiana instructors a choice. They could sign a loyalty pledge or get out. They had something like a week to decide. Most of them were still going , "wha? Huh?" When they were removed from the program by having their forum accounts made inactive.

Thats from rom a first hand account. i was SPQR on the Appleseed forum.

Just trying to be discrete and politely vague. Sorry for not airing the dirty laundry in its entirety. :dunno:

Top Bottom