• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kaardomos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Milltown, Indiana
    I always considered the line on normal and nut to be drawn at reason. Do you spend your rent, bill money, money for your kids school supplies, and so on for firearms and firearms related supplies? Or do you spend that money on what it's meant for and use surplus funds for arms? I don't see how what you carry or the act thereof has any bearing on your nuts.
    In some districts firearms are school supplies. Sadly, I'm not really sure that that needs to be in purple.

Otis812

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2014
    IN-IL line
    Along the same lines, I've often wondered at what point does one's gun hobby go from being a gun buying enthusiast to being obsessed with buying guns?

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Some time ago one one my guns was stolen out my car had to file a police report, the officer was asking some questions and he asked me if I was a gun nut and I did not like it one bit. He seemed to be fairly young and don't know how long he had been in the police force but I thought that was out of line, I didn't want to make a big deal out of it so I let it go.

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The libs have used it to refer to us in a derogatory manner. I consider it an insult.

I guess it depends on on who calls me a gun nut and in what tone. Coming from somebody like angry Moms or Michael Bloomberg, I would consider it an insult. On the other hand, coming from you, I would consider it a compliment. :):

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I absolutely hate the term "Gun Nut"...

I have a three co-workers that are anti and that's all I hear almost daily. I finally got mad enough at one of them this morning and told her that when her IQ exceeds her cup size then her opinion will count... until then shut the @#$% up.

I don't know why some folks think that anyone who enjoys the shooting sports and the right of self defense are somehow mentally defective. How is being responsible for your personal safety a bad thing?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

I have a three co-workers that are anti and that's all I hear almost daily. I finally got mad enough at one of them this morning and told her that when her IQ exceeds her cup size then her opinion will count... until then shut the @#$% up.

I don't know why some folks think that anyone who enjoys the shooting sports and the right of self defense are somehow mentally defective. How is being responsible for your personal safety a bad thing?

Because they are cowards and don't want to be responsible for their own safety?:dunno:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I guess it depends on on who calls me a gun nut and in what tone. Coming from somebody like angry Moms or Michael Bloomberg, I would consider it an insult. On the other hand, coming from you, I would consider it a compliment. :):

Agree.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE

I work with two gun nuts, myself making the third. We also work with two gun haters. All it takes to set them off is to hear one reference to anything to do with self defense (I was talking about the proper way to hold a knife without a hilt the other day - nothing to do with guns, but gun bashing was the first thing out of her mouth. Idiot!) or hunting and away we go.

Sometimes I just want to say something in front of people so we can watch her make an ass of herself. The other one is just a plain old liberal nutjob. To him there is no such thing as a good use for a weapon of any type, but most especially a gun. With their circular thinking, there is no way to shut them up once they get started.
    Whatever!

But, not taking responsibility for their own safety seems to be their way as you stated. Pretty sure they will always be victims.

I laughed at the comment about IQ and cup size! Good one!

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Gun Nut Anonymous meeting: Hi....... My name is Tom and I am a gun nut.......... Hi Tom!

Hi Tom. My name is Gary. It all started several years ago when I used to spend my allowance on 22 ammo so I could plink...then I started doing extra chores for more money so I could buy more ammo....after awhile the 22 didn't bring me as much joy as it used to so I did a couple extra jobs and made enough to buy a 9mm......that helped for awhile but the ammo was more expensive so I found myself collecting deposit bottles when I couldn't make enough money on side jobs.....a friend gave me a 45 but that ammo was alot more expensive and pretty soon I was sneaking money from my wifes purse.....I think it's called an addiction.:):

And no, I didn't really start sneaking money from her purse.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sometimes you feel like like a nut, sometimes you don't...
    why would anyone go into Michigan without a couple of guns with them?

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Last night my GF called me a Gun Nut. All because I'm going to Michigan, bringing my XDs and a couple of spare mags and some extra ammo. I mean hell there is a risk of bears.
    I decided not to bring my Para 1911 because I open carry that only.

What makes someone a Gun Nut?

Well, if by "XDs" you mean one XDs45 or XDs9, and you're intentionally leaving your other gun, a 1911, at home, then no, you're not a gun nut.

However, if by XDs you mean the plural of XD, and by the plural of XD you mean
    xd1.JPG

in your trunk and

734222_563949670291185_2031287112_n.jpg

on your person, then you might be a gun nut.

On a side note, I went to visit my parents in Ohio Tues-Wed and took only my XDs45 and SR1911, but came home with several additional firearms and a couple thousand rounds of ammo and a supply of handloading equipment.

Top Bottom