• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I always considered the line on normal and nut to be drawn at reason. Do you spend your rent, bill money, money for your kids school supplies, and so on for firearms and firearms related supplies? Or do you spend that money on what it's meant for and use surplus funds for arms? I don't see how what you carry or the act thereof has any bearing on your nuts.

Well own my house so don't have rent, don't have many bills - don't owe on anything, so all we have are taxes, insurance, utilities and food. Kids are all raised so consider all my money as "surplus"! Yeah, I'm still a "gun nut" but love every minute of it!!

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Well, if by "XDs" you mean one XDs45 or XDs9, and you're intentionally leaving your other gun, a 1911, at home, then no, you're not a gun nut.

However, if by XDs you mean the plural of XD, and by the plural of XD you mean
    xd1.JPG

in your trunk and

734222_563949670291185_2031287112_n.jpg

on your person, then you might be a gun nut.

On a side note, I went to visit my parents in Ohio Tues-Wed and took only my XDs45 and SR1911, but came home with several additional firearms and a couple thousand rounds of ammo and a supply of handloading equipment.

Pretty sure that you are not any more of a nut than most, but is "XD-o-phile" a word?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    A friend at work got a laugh when, after he asked me "Just how many guns do you own?", I had to really think about it. He called me a gun nut.

Then I said, "Hey, I have more chisels than guns, nobody ever called me a chisel nut."

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    They see us as this...

amber_alert_moms.jpg

But then they wonder why we own guns...

black-friday-black-friday-customers-stupid-people-hell-demotivational-poster-1260149039.jpg

I try to "invest" in at least 2-3 firearms per year. Firearms, if prevented to rust, never lose value and always appreciate in a crisis. Name one other commodity or currency on earth that hold the same properties that would prove more useful?

I can't name one battle in the history of the world where an attacking force was held off by gold bars and Rolex's.

Last edited:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Last night my GF called me a Gun Nut. All because I'm going to Michigan, bringing my XDs and a couple of spare mags and some extra ammo. I mean hell there is a risk of bears.
    I decided not to bring my Para 1911 because I open carry that only.

What makes someone a Gun Nut?
    I here it's anyone who likes firearms but I don't believe everything I here.

Top Bottom