• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    I keep asking my neighbor to vote and she refuses cause she says by registering she might be called for jury duty, some people just don't get it. Pisses me off. And as some would guess she's the first to complain about our social and economic troubles we are in.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree. Sadly, many would have already spent it and wouldn't have the money to write a check. The check would bounce.

How about we just get rid of the damned income tax and no-one writes a check to the government. What a concept.

That's the idea...imagine the "lesser astute" out there that got to experience their entire pay check being put into their accounts and/or wallets. Now imagine them having to write a check equivalent to a significant portion of their month's pay to the tax man every month, no different than a light bill or cell phone bill. My theory is it would drive home exactly what their government is costing them because it becomes real; they know exactly how much of their pay it takes to keep the .gov fed. Maybe that feeling would drive more to question unbridled spending.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I am sure as hell voting!

The office of Sheriff is up for election this year and that is way too important to miss. I also really want to cast my vote for coroner and school board.

To be honest, I cast my votes on the national and state offices, but it is the local races that I care the most about.

Who my Sheriff really effects my life. The people on my school board really effect my community.

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    I have also voted in every election since I was 18. Why wouldn't I vote now? Thousands of patriots died so I can vote.

I'm 55 and have never voted. My thoughts exactly: George Carlin Politicians - YouTube

For all of you who vote: You should be taken behind the woodshed and dealt with. Thanks for the $17 trillion dollar debt. The mess called healthcare, our state-of-the-art educational system, the declining middle class, and the inability to govern or move the country forward. Democrap or Republipuke, your choices leave you no space to complain.

BTW: Those who died did not die to give you the right to vote. They died to give you the right to choose...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    While I am not one to forgo voting, there are many principled positions that hold together very well for people who eschew voting. Saying that voting is the only principled position is just flat out wrong. It's one groups opinion and, just because it doesn't meet with the principled decision taken by many non-voters doesn't make it wrong.
    So flippin' ironic that you, of all people, would make this argument.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I missed a couple of primaries when I was at university, but nothing else since I was eligible. I've been first in line a couple of times for Marklar's sake. It may not do any good, but I'm not gonna stop doing it. I personally know people that stayed home rather than vote for Romney, and I can't forgive them for barky's reelection. I will drag my 18 y/o out of the house by the hair if I have to and take him to the polls. I think, however, he has a better perspective on things. I know damn well he's not voting for the wrong people. I brought him up better than that. Soap box, ballot box, jury box, you know. Don't make me go on.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    While I am not one to forgo voting, there are many principled positions that hold together very well for people who eschew voting. Saying that voting is the only principled position is just flat out wrong. It's one groups opinion and, just because it doesn't meet with the principled decision taken by many non-voters doesn't make it wrong.

That is exactly the argument the House Dems used when they shirked their responsibilities to the extent of leaving the state because the GOP had a majority, but not yet a supermajority. "We're partaking in a principled stand"

Bull.

And I don't really care if the GOP did it, too, it's still wrong.

You have the right to vote or not vote. You do have the choice. You also have the choice to let a guy like Jeff Dahmer or the fictional Hannibal Lecter make your supper.

With the proprietary voting machines, voting may be pointless, but on the off chance it's not, I cast mine last week, and will continue voting as long as I'm able.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I will not be at the polls on Nov 4th...because I will be in the desert in CA.

Things I like about IN elections...Voter ID and Early Voting. My votes are cast. And I also like being able to page back in machine to make sure the votes have registered right!

I have some friend I was visiting in VA last week and apparently their machines will not allow you to go back and confirm your votes after they are cast. On the plus side they can use a paper ballot. Lots of political angst in that state between the regular VA residents and the 'burbs' of DC.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I'm 55 and have never voted. My thoughts exactly: George Carlin Politicians - YouTube

For all of you who vote: You should be taken behind the woodshed and dealt with. Thanks for the $17 trillion dollar debt. The mess called healthcare, our state-of-the-art educational system, the declining middle class, and the inability to govern or move the country forward. Democrap or Republipuke, your choices leave you no space to complain.

BTW: Those who died did not die to give you the right to vote. They died to give you the right to choose...

I whole heartedly support your right to stay the heck away from elections. If you are disinterested, uninformed, or experiencing a ID-10-T computer error then I would prefer that you don't.

I personally would prefer that the polls have a tax test. If you don't pay more in taxes than you take out you shouldn't get a vote of future distribution of tax dollars.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    To me voting is like dropping a suggestion in the suggestion box. Either way they will have their way with us. If a polite mugger gives you a choice between being kicked in the crotch or kicked in the face witch would you choose? Either way you will still get beaten and robbed.

With that said, I will still go to drop my suggestion in the box. I'm going for the crotch kick this year it will give my face more time to heal before the next election.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    LOL... yeah, the two big parties are really shook up when people don't vote...

I am proud to have started voting in 1980 (yes 1980 :woot: )
    I have voted ever since. Am I always happy with who my choices are? nope.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

"taken behind the woodshed and dealt with"?

Pretty mouthy for someone who is too lazy to even show up.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Uh...Not exactly...I asked my Ouija Board and a good two dozen spirits said that is at least one of the reasons why they died...I sampled vets from all wars up to the current ones and that seemed to be cocensus...I asked them what they thought of someone who doesn't vote and says those that do require a "spanking" (I guess that is what you meant by woodshed???) and the game piece moved to these letters "H,E,I,S,A,N, U,N,G,R,A,T,E,F,U,L P,R,I,......" and then the phone rang and I lost contact........

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Uh...Not exactly...I asked my Ouija Board and a good two dozen people said that is at least one of the reasons why they died...I sampled vets from all wars up to the current ones and that seemed to be cocensus...I asked them what they thought of someone who doesn't vote and says those that do require a "spanking" (I guess that is what you meant by woodshed???) and the game piece moved to these letters "H,E,I,S,A,N, U,N,G,R,A,T,E,F,U,L P,R,I,......" and then the phone rang and I lost contact........

DAMN! Now we'll never know what they were going to say...

Top Bottom