• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I would like to see the option (and see it used!) of "None of the above", and if that got the most votes, then the office would remain vacant.
    If it was truly a necessary function that that office performed, others would perform it.
    Net effect: Government decreases in size.

Win/win.

:+1:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    To answer the OP question - yes, will vote, as I have in every general and primary election I can remember.

But, the right to vote includes the right not to vote. Indeed, not voting IS voting. The act of not voting effectively abdicates one's own vote to the will of the majority. It is a vote for "whatever everyone else wants to do."

Not my cup of tea (pardon the political pun), but citizens do have that right.

Besides, of the people I know personally who do not vote - I'm not sure I want them to vote. :)

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    ...I asked them what they thought of someone who doesn't vote and says those that do require a "spanking" (I guess that is what you meant by woodshed???) and the game piece moved to these letters "H,E,I,S,A,N, U,N,G,R,A,T,E,F,U,L P,R,I,......" and then the phone rang and I lost contact........

Isn't PRI a Mexican political party?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    "Voting" for what everyone else wants to do sounds suspiciously like "Democracy". And the Founding Fathers warned us about that. They had absolutely no use for "Democracy".

Madjack181

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Rochester
    If you really want to get involved become a poll worker. Volunteered for the first time to help work one of the polls in our precinct. It's going to be interesting to see how our democratic process works from the other side of the table.

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    After reading every single post in the thread....seems that surrender is being accepted as a legitimate choice.....for a variety of reasons. Surrender is what is done when the will to fight has been lost. Defeat precedes surrender. My wish is that no one here would feel defeated.

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    Uh...Not exactly...I asked my Ouija Board ........

So... Using a Ouiji board to pick your candidates too 'eh. So thats why you voters have got the country so screwed up!

Voting and insanity have the same definition: Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result but... OK, I'm preaching to the wrong crowd.

Needless to say, the declining condition of this country and the performances of your choices over the past 20-years speak for themselves. Best of luck tomorrow. I will be tracking all of you voters and making sure I call your attention to the next batch of idiots you elect. No complaining should come from your posts. You put 'em there. Live with it.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am gonna wear a Ruger Shirt to the polls Open Carrying my GP=100 327FM when I vote too.
    Seems I vote at the Fairgrounds and not a school this year. :rockwoot:

If you stay home you give it to the Dems. Don't stay home.

If you do then accept new gun control and like it while I am able to not like it due to my having voted. :patriot:

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    There was hardly anyone at my polling location this morning at 6:20. The poll workers made the comment to please tell your friends to vote cause it is so slow and it will make for a long day if it doesn't pick up. Pretty depressing considering the turn out for the presidential elections.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Went through mine about 7:30 this morning. Steady trickle of people. No waiting.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If all you do is vote and walk away...maybe say some bad words on the internet and in the bar. I suppose that's the level of interest the representatives will return.

Now, if they know your name because you're involved you can at least make a difference locally and maybe influence a voice in DC. I was denied this most of my life because of my chosen profession but I will not walk quietly away from my responsibilities to the Republic while there are actions that can be taken short of violence.

If you choose not to be involved...or even vote then you have elected to receive what others choose for you.

Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    I am ashamed to say I couldn't stomach voting for John Mcain(sp) so I sat that presidential out. I was so appalled at the lack of choices that year. I learned my lesson and will not sit out for any reason again.

Top Bottom