• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    The context of my original post thought was that.....not so long ago, I couldn't believe the number of INGO posters that decried that they were participating in 'protest votes" "refusal to vote" and every such thing. granted, these were 2008 and 2012 national Presidential elections, but it still shocked me. it shocked me that people that have a stake in the outcome....would so flippantly blow off voting.....and then BRAG about it on the internet. Sad....sad indeed. Please vote!
    Please vote....and for all of the reasons in this thread....plus some. Just vote!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    While I am not one to forgo voting, there are many principled positions that hold together very well for people who eschew voting. Saying that voting is the only principled position is just flat out wrong. It's one groups opinion and, just because it doesn't meet with the principled decision taken by many non-voters doesn't make it wrong.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    As Pericles said in ancient Greece, "Just because you do not take an interest in politics, does not mean that politics will not take an interest in you."

I have been campaigning in elections before I could vote (Nixon), and have voted in every election since I could even though campaigning was denied me later because I chose to serve in the military. Now, I campaign again because to not do so is to yield the field to a despicable enemy.

I consider this to be the reasonable course before outright conflict. I stand ready but work to make that it will not be so.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    The context of my original post thought was that.....not so long ago, I couldn't believe the number of INGO posters that decried that they were participating in 'protest votes" "refusal to vote" and every such thing. granted, these were 2008 and 2012 national Presidential elections, but it still shocked me. it shocked me that people that have a stake in the outcome....would so flippantly blow off voting.....and then BRAG about it on the internet. Sad....sad indeed. Please vote! Please vote....and for all of the reasons in this thread....plus some. Just vote!
    It shocks me that you seem to still wholeheartedly believe that your vote in a rigged game , matters one bit .

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    With all of the recent stories about "rigged" electronic voting machines changing peoples votes and no record being made of the actual votes placed I'm not sure that voting is really giving some people the "choice" they believe in any more. Vote for lying crook A or lying crook B. BAM! Lying crook A wins again! Thank you for your vote (no matter who you actually voted for). This is not a rumor and has actually happened in several States. It is a documented fact. Chicago has been using these machines for years. We cannot defeat these idiots if they run the system and make the rules and own and sell the machines used. Without a paper trail you cannot even bust them when they rig the election. Electronic voting guarantees "rigged" elections. Follow the money. You know all of those machines used at airports across the U.S. to scan all of the citizens? Guess who owns the companies who make those machines? Two Representatives who railroaded the Bill through the House to require their use. Cha-ching! Just because you can stand in line and vote don't be so sure that you are making a huge difference. It's a game. Like Las Vegas. It's long past time to clean house. You most certainly do have a right to complain whether you vote or not.

Last edited:

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    I really wish we would move Election Day closer to April 15 instead of a date just about as far away from the tax filing deadline as possible. Maybe something like the first Tuesday in May.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    You got me there. That would extenuating circumstances. I should have specified, I mainly direct my philosophy tword those that say "why bother" or "it won't change anything" or "they are all bad". So they do not vote. But then the complain about what the politicians are doing. I see it as so long as I vote I am trying to help. If a candidate I vote for lies then I can complain if my candidate doesn't win and the elector official is a schmuck, I can complain. Because as was said, much blood has been shed for my right to vote. I will not dishonor my family and yours by not voting. Plus this is the only option for posative change at the moment. It must be used to its fullest until....
    I know what you were getting at, I couldn't help but be a smarta**. I may not be able to vote, but I am paying attention for the future

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I really wish we would move Election Day closer to April 15 instead of a date just about as far away from the tax filing deadline as possible. Maybe something like the first Tuesday in May.

It would be more effective if we outlawed automatic withholding. Having people to write a check to pay their taxes would get the needed attention.

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    It would be more effective if we outlawed automatic withholding. Having people to write a check to pay their taxes would get the needed attention.

I agree. Sadly, many would have already spent it and wouldn't have the money to write a check. The check would bounce.

Top Bottom