• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    People are just going nuts! I pray for all my nieces and nephews and their children and all my friends and their children every day. The world is getting scarier by the day. Please hug and love your kids and teach them to be alert.

I have had 8 different people here on campus come up and ask me about the LTCH process since this shooting.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    last night I attended my 7 year old grandson's music program at his school. All I can see are these innocent young children and wonder why would someone do this? I want to hit someone or go settle the score but who is the enemy? I feel so helpless.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Just watched and they said his mom is a teacher at the school. Guessing it had something to do with her.

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    CNN has a time of the unfolding event:

[Updated at 1:47 p.m. ET] A few more details from the White House press briefing earlier. White House spokesman Jay Carney said while today is not the day to debate gun policy, an assault weapons ban "does remain a commitment" of President Obama.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Nothing new under the sun, unfortunately. People, thanks to the media, tend to think of school shootings as a modern day problem. They've happened in this country since the 1800's, even further back if you want to count Indian attacks on settler schools as "shootings". A few years ago I had a class on "active shooter" incidents, and it included a history of such events in our country. I was unaware of some of the vast majority of these, and was one of the "Columbine started it" crowd prior to the training event.

Now the spin will start both ways. "Gun free zones" are dangerous, like that's why an elementary school would be the target, and the "guns kill" crowd who will blame the tools and use this as fuel in their culture wars.

Well before either modern gun control efforts or the concept of 'gun free zones', 44 innocents were killed in what is widely regarded as the first mass school shooting (most school shootings prior to this only had one or two victims), way back in 1927. Bath School disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even before that, the debate on allowing guns in school became prevalent in many cities.

Article 2 -- No Title - View Article - NYTimes.com

That's from 1866, when students apparently could carry pistols to school.

Which led to things like the Matt Ward shooting his teacher/principal in Louisville, KY all the way back in 1854:

IMPORTANT TRIAL. - The Kentucky Murder Case. Trial of Matt. F. Ward for the Murder of Professor Butler. Full Report of the Testimony. - View Article - NYTimes.com

So, after that brief history lesson, can we agree to not make political hay out of this all to frequent tragedy? Both sides of the aisle have enough respect for the dead to not spin 'gun free zones = death" or "lack of gun control = death"? Maybe just for a few days, then feel free to get back to it.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    i heard he had a glock and a sig, is ths what we are hearing?

yeah something about "that shooter was carrying a Glock, and a simi-auto pistol" these people aren't even educated enough to start naming names..
    either way this a very terrible situation. you that have children may be able to relate much more than myself. but i'll be sending my thought and prayers out to those that are dealing with this..

and i guess it never fails to have some J@CKA$$E$ on here that decide to make a fool of themselves.. what a shame.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    CNN has a time of the unfolding event:

[Updated at 1:47 p.m. ET] A few more details from the White House press briefing earlier. White House spokesman Jay Carney said while today is not the day to debate gun policy, an assault weapons ban "does remain a commitment" of President Obama.

i'll wish him lots of luck trying to finding mine.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Such sad news, why do people take anything out on kids. :dunno: I will never get it.

Kids are pure incense and can not fight back. To go into this maniacs mind would be a scary journey. Do you think he would walk out to the range and take those folks on...not likely. Children are totally defenseless. Cowardice of the highest order.
    Our prayers to the family's and responders.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Sickening... Thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected.

I know its in poor taste to even talk about this right now but him using a .223 probably means a scary black rifle. Hopefully not AWB fuel.

If I am not mistaken, CT already has a ban on evil black rifles, so that ban, plus having firearms in schools being banned, plus murder being illegal all together still couldn't stop one idiot from killing at least 27 at the school plus 2 off site.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I will be praying for the children, families, teachers and first responders affected by this senseless act of evil. My daughter teaches kindergarten and I have 4 elementary age grandchildren. I can't begin to imagine what the parents of these children are going through.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thoughts go out to all the kids that had to witness this as well. Trauma like this can have bad effects on young children hope they all can get the help they need to cope the best they can.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Assault weapons ban "a commitment" of President Obama's, spokesman says.

Capture_zpsf2605186.jpg

Last edited:

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    This has become an endemic disease and not a gun control issue. We csn continue to combat the problem however crazy people are made every day or from one day to the next and not sure how we csn stop it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom