• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    Indy I am not your enemy nor am i implying that what you said makes us so. Im glad that you raise your kids in a responsible manner......As for everything else time will tell.

RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    I for would not give up my RTKBA to bring anyone back. For as soon as you do that we would all be fair game for the next spree killer. Then what right will you give up next to save kids or anyone else for that matter? The right to be free of warrantless search and seizure? All in the name of keeping you safe. No thanks

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I for would not give up my RTKBA to bring anyone back. For as soon as you do that we would all be fair game for the next spree killer. Then what right will you give up next to save kids or anyone else for that matter? The right to be free of warrantless search and seizure? All in the name of keeping you safe. No thanks

This right here.:patriot:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    First, I'm also a parent of school aged children and can't even being to imagine the horror those families are going through.

Second, as others have said, existing laws did nothing to prevent this..and I would agree that more laws won't either...to an extent.

The anti-gun community will have a field day with this and the other shooting this week at the mall. The concern is that this same logic we are using of "more laws won't help" is likely to be adopted by that camp, which will push hard for an actual gun grab.

In their eyes if nobody has guns (exept police and military) than this can't happen.

The counter argument to that is of course that today (or was it yesterday) a similar massacre happened in China, with a knife. Proof that if you take away the guns, people intent on doing this sort of act will continue to find a way. If not with guns, then with knives, bow and arrow, etc.

As others have said, it is a sickness. Guns happen to be very efficient tools to use by those intent on killing others, and therefore make the front page news.

My solution...well...there are many thoughts. But to start, we need to stop making this such a production when it happens. When a person goes and shoots a place up, they are doing it for the attention. I wouldn't be surprised if this was not a "copy-cat" killing triggered by what happened in Colorado earlier in the week. The shooter in this case may have been on the brink, saw the news of that and it pushed him over the edge when he saw the national attention that got.

Again, I'm absolutely saddened and angered by this, and am praying for the families and victims. I'm also praying for my country right now...that wisdom and reason prevail.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Governments love killing children; especially if the event is used to push their agenda.

Disclaimer: opinion

Seriously, screw you guy. Don't take the actions of a single crazy person and place them on the government. This has nothing to do with the government. The fact that you would try to politicize a massacre of children is absolutely disgusting.

Obviously there is no proof of ocsdor's opinion at the moment, but if you think that .gov would never pull something like this for political purposes, then you should do a little research on OKC in 1995. And being disgusted with ocsdor for "politicizing" this event is ridiculous because the enemies of the 2nd Amendment are already politicizing this event, just like they do with every other high profile shooting. They're screaming for an assault weapons ban already.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Oops! someone is going to be in some hot water!

You never know...At the time his name was released, there was only one account from Newtown CT. Now there are over 50. Who knows how much fake info is going out. Wait and see I guess.

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Violent society causation...

I think it's time to start holding those who glorify violence accountable... namely Hollywood. How many television shows and movies do you see people using firearms to solve their problems? One can't thumb through the channels at night without seeing some sort of "crime show" that involves murder, rape, etc... let alone being inundated monthly by the latest/greatest movie theater release of mindless violence. Let's address the problem that feeds violence in society... not the tools/means used!

RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    Thanks femurphy77.....And right on jblomenberg!! These sort of tragedies need to be aired but not a whole production made out of it it becomes fodder for the next mentally sick person by saying look at all the attention thats given.... I matter.

RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    Hollywood is just one area of sickness that this particular group of "chosen ones" use to divide, isolate, rob. and otherwise bring sickness onto weak people. All the while this power elite claims to be held down .......REV 2:9

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville

Why report that post? Censorship is NOT the way of free America and many Americans have given their lives to protect our right to have an opinion. I don't agree that governments like to kill children but I would agree that there's already a group anti-gun activists gathering in the cheap seats behind left field.

I'm not sure why things like this happen but those 50 and older can probably still remember days of block parties, knowing everyone in the neighborhood, family get-togethers, etc. Heck, in this day and age it's hard to find parents that raise their own children.

Top Bottom