• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Done. It's good to see groups like nagr getting involved, because this whole situation is ********. He's honestly right that if the ATF can flat out ignore the language in the statute and insert their own new terms, there's nothing stopping them from twisting/inventing new language that will classify run of the mill semi-auto ARs as machine guns because they're "readily convertible".
    One can only wonder if the intent isn't just the rare. One step closer to what?

The mechanics of this is simple. Got to finally demo one of these the other day. It's no where close to FA. It just has a very low lbs and short trigger pull. Will modified lbs triggers be next? Hold on to your panties girls

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sad but true. None of the alphabet agencies willing give up power they have usurped
    Which reminds me of the naive question I heard repeatedly after Bruen was handed down. "Now that they are being forced to abandon may issue, are they also going to allow reciprocity now too?" How anyone could think that they would have a complete change of heart after being FORCED to change the method of licensing is mind boggling.

If your mom forced you to share your candy, are you going to willingly also share your soda, or are you going to also wait for mom to force you to share that too? No. You'll share the candy begrudgingly and nothing more.

Last edited:

TrueSeanamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2021
    Indiana
    Which reminds me of the naive question I heard repeatedly after Bruen was handed down. "Now that they are being forced to abandon may issue, are they also going to allow reciprocity now too?" How anyone could think that they would have a complete change of heart after being FORCED to change the method of licensing is mind boggling.

If your mom forced you to share your candy, are you going to willingly also share your soda, or are you going to also wait for mom to force you to share that too? No. You'll share the candy begrudgingly and nothing more.
    Yep. It’s going to be an uphill fight for every single inch of this war. Even having the justice department saying they disagree with the ruling and states saying they will do everything they can to fight it is just the start of this mess.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Ironically the pro-life cause is the likeliest model. They will dig in and fight and scream and whine and complain and attack on every little technicality from every conceivable angle just for the sheer joy of making your life difficult as a gun owner, and they will keep it up until they have five activist dunces on SCOTUS again. Even if it takes a century.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    As a (poor) arm chair lawyer I think the courts should extend the definition of takings to include private property purchased legally under specific regulatory approval and then banned. Surly the situation with bump stocks and FRTs go 'too far'.

If your going to ban things that were legally purchased then at least compensate the deprived owner.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    As a (poor) arm chair lawyer I think the courts should extend the definition of takings to include private property purchased legally under specific regulatory approval and then banned. Surly the situation with bump stocks and FRTs go 'too far'.

If your going to ban things that were legally purchased then at least compensate the deprived owner.
    Hopefully the courts will apply the new rules to these guys and throw both of those out,

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A lawyer contacted atf to ask what owners of frt’s should do. Here ya go

Except he doesnt actually tell you what to do.

I'll save everybody time the TL;DW is "The ATF knows who purchased them, and said they will be calling you if you are one of them." (thats all he says in this lame ass video)

I hope he's a better lawyer than an explainer. Because what he says in the video doesnt match the headline.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Except he doesnt actually tell you what to do.

I'll save everybody time the TL;DW is "The ATF knows who purchased them, and said they will be calling you if you are one of them." (thats all he says in this lame ass video)

I hope he's a better lawyer than an explainer. Because what he says in the video doesnt match the headline.

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    The appropriate response about the trigger is "I do not own any unregistered machine gun parts, now get off of my property."

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Are warrants involved in taking the triggers????
    They are reportedly using extortion with the threat that they will return with a warrant, and it will be a non-knock by a hair-trigger SWAT team in the middle of the night assuming there will be armed resistance, and they will totally destroy the dwelling and all its contents in the search, and the alleged owner will go immediately to prison in shackles with no bail charged with machinegun ownership if he survives . . . with all other occupants hauled off as accessories if they survive . . . even if they don't find one after razing it to the ground. Don't make us get a warrant. You won't like what happens if we do. So . . . which is it?

John

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    They are reportedly using extortion with the threat that they will return with a warrant, and it will be a non-knock by a hair-trigger SWAT team in the middle of the night assuming there will be armed resistance, and they will totally destroy the dwelling and all its contents in the search, and the alleged owner will go immediately to prison in shackles with no bail charged with machinegun ownership if he survives . . . with all other occupants hauled off as accessories if they survive . . . even if they don't find one after razing it to the ground. Don't make us get a warrant. You won't like what happens if we do. So . . . which is it?

John
    I wish this was an exaggeration.

Top Bottom