• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    First centerfire pistol I bought was a new G17 (Gen 1) back in 1988. (Prior to this I EDC'd a revolver). Last year I installed a new ejector housing, trigger/trigger bar to freshen up the gun for Glock's 25th US Anniversary. Has the sweetest trigger of all my Glocks. And after 24 years and 40K rounds, the only parts needing replacement were the plastic adjustable sights (installed Novaks) and maybe, guessing, 3 trigger springs. And the gun is still just as tight and beautiful (ugly) as the day it was brought home. Also, I do love my XD pistols.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I like my Glocks, Love my Walthers and 1911, and I don't want nothing to do with a XD. I've fired them a few times and I just don't like them for some reason.

And Yes to the people on here that know me, I do carry my Glocks more than I do my Walthers. Reasoning - If the S were to truly HTF in a Civil Unrest situation, you're more likely to find Glock parts than Walther parts fighting your way home or to your BOL.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah when I first saw that my eyes started rolling around in my head and I thought that was about the stupidest thing I ever laid my eyes on.

This makes me want to cut my wrists open....WTF

No, I do not see doing this with a 1911

Is this for real?????

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I guess I don't get it? I own several Glocks and really like them, BUT I own other handguns and like them as well and will not bash anyone on their choice of firearm. Shoot what you like and train with it. Now don't flip out on me, but the best training gun I have is a Jimenez .380. It kicks like a mule, but if I can hit with it I think I can hit with almost anything. Besides, if they come for my guns that is the one they get.;)

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Just to expand this a bit, there are uses for handguns other than defensive purposes.
    Examples - plinking, target shooting, hunting, etc.
    There are also reasons than other pure utilitarian ones, that people own certain guns.
    Examples - historical value, aesthetic value, sentimental value, special competition needs, it just looks cool, etc.

Believe it or not, the handguns offered by Glock don't fit all these needs for everyone.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    :yesway:

Me too. My G19 is my current EDC.

I took no offense to his rapper comment, I see where he is coming from though as I know a few people who want Glocks or bought Glocks bc that is what P-Diddy or Tupac or whoever carried,
    I won't deny that there are some knuckleheads out there that want Glocks for that reason but how many times have you seen anyone on INGO or any serious gun related website for that matter state the reason they chose a Glock was because it is the preferred handgun of gangster rappers?

Keep in mind that Glock owners are the recipients of a lot of trash talk as well, just a few examples:

I hate the grip angle.
    The grip feels like a 2x4.
    Why do you like Blocks?
    Glocks are ugly.
    I hate Glock triggers.
    Glocks are hand grenades.
    Glocks are the preferred hand gun of gangster rappers.
    Glocks are LEO guns.
    Revolvers in leather holsters are classy, Glocks in Kydex holsters are not. (actual thread here on Ingo)

Last edited:

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I've shot several others. I disdain the triggers an feel of the xd, and xdm5.25's ive shot. They feel empty like my hand is making enough contact with the pistols. I hate several of the needles features they have.

Hk p30l, love the feel, I shot my g19 better, and faster so the hk got turned into a dillon 650.

In the future I want an fns, a Walther ppq, and maybe an m&p L plus custom work. Q

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just to expand this a bit, there are uses for handguns other than defensive purposes.
    Examples - plinking, target shooting, hunting, etc.
    There are also reasons than other pure utilitarian ones, that people own certain guns.
    Examples - historical value, aesthetic value, sentimental value, special competition needs, it just looks cool, etc.

Believe it or not, the handguns offered by Glock don't fit all these needs for everyone.
    I will agree with the sentence about historical value and what not but for versatility there is no denying that Glock fits the bill nicely.

Such as: defensive purposes, plinking, target shooting, hunting, competition needs, simplicity of design, common parts interchangability, caliber barrel conversions etc.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I assumed the title of the thread would imply Glock owners would know someone like I stated. I figured being a Glock fan, you would have to know one of these extremist Glock owners, if you weren't yourself.

I am as courteous as can be, didn't you see I took the time to capitalize every G in Glock?

You assumed? Based on what? Your crappy selection of friends and acquaintances? What you don't seem to understand is that this isn't a Glock issue, it's an asshattery issue manifest in a preference for Glocks. If you know people like this, I suggest you find different people to be around.

What you're doing is the equivalent of asking me why some women are whores just because I'm a woman and I probably know a few women who are whores.

Looks like I'm going for the hat trick on ignore list.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    You assumed? Based on what? Your crappy selection of friends and acquaintances? What you don't seem to understand is that this isn't a Glock issue, it's an asshattery issue manifest in a preference for Glocks. If you know people like this, I suggest you find different people to be around.

What you're doing is the equivalent of asking me why some women are whores just because I'm a woman and I probably know a few women who are whores.

W:laugh:W

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    I am not saying that a XDM is a bad pistol, because it is not. They are good reliable guns.

However...

Have any of the XDM nuts ever even shot any other pistols? I find it hard to believe that you pick up a new Glock with a great factory trigger and say, ah this is a piece of ****! There is just no way! I have shot XDMs, as well as almost every other brand, and a XDM is not the best by any means. At the same time, I will say the XDM is a good pistol anyway.

:twocents: here is quit being a hater! Just because 2000's rappers made a mainstream name for XDM, doesn't mean it is king and all others are trash.

Why so much hate towards all other poly pistols?? Who is the hater here?

To each his own, just remember when flaming me on this post, I SAID XDMs ARE GOOD GUNS!

Still read like it isn't a bash post now? If it quacks, walks and looks like a duck then its a friggen duck!

GlockWielder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    I think most of the people who are talking about their guns have a ton of ego wrapped up in them. Any pistol will go "bang" when you need it to and that is what counts. I choose Glock because they are affordable, are extremely resistant to wear/tear, they don't rust, they shoot well, have a high capacity in the magazine, have many holster options, and they are easy to accessorize.
    I've owned TONS of different handguns and I like about all I shoot. Glock just does it for me. An XDm may do it for you. Personal preference is what matters. My girlfriend likes the Ruger SR9 because she has smaller hands and it's comfortable. Is the Ruger SR9 better than a Glock? To her it is anyway.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I am not saying that a Glock is a bad pistol, because it is not. They are good reliable guns.

However...

Have any of the Glock nuts ever even shot any other pistols? I find it hard to believe that you pick up a new XDM with a great factory trigger and say, ah this is a piece of ****! There is just no way! I have shot Glocks, as well as almost every other brand, and a Glock is not the best by any means. At the same time, I will say the Glock is a good pistol anyway.

:twocents: here is quit being a hater! Just because 90's rappers made a mainstream name for Glock, doesn't mean it is king and all others are trash.

Why so much hate towards all other poly pistols??

To each his own, just remember when flaming me on this post, I SAID GLOCKS ARE GOOD GUNS!

I've never heard anyone state that their Glock is "king" and that all other guns are trash... all Glock owners that I know feel that it is the best bang for your buck. Plain and simple you can get a used Glock for $350 that will out-last you. Sure there are better poly pistols out there, HK and Sig make excellent poly pistols that I wish I could afford. However I can't justify spending $1,000 on a handgun right now. I can do so much more with $1,000 and still count on my $350 Glock to do what it's supposed to do.

Personally, I believe the hate is all in your head. :twocents:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

^Exactly^ The way I read that post is either you are one of those "Glock Nuts" or you know someone that is because you are a Glock owner and you somehow hang around with them and condone their behavior.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I won't deny that there are some knuckleheads out there that want Glocks for that reason but how many times have you seen anyone on INGO or any serious gun related website for that matter state the reason they chose a Glock was because it is the preferred handgun of gangster rappers?

Keep in mind that Glock owners are the recipients of a lot of trash talk as well, just a few examples:

I hate the grip angle.
    The grip feels like a 2x4.
    Why do you like Blocks?
    Glocks are ugly.
    I hate Glock triggers.
    Glocks are hand grenades.
    Glocks are the preferred hand gun of gangster rappers.
    Glocks are LEO guns.
    Revolvers in leather holsters are classy, Glocks in Kydex holsters are not. (actual thread here on Ingo)

How many times has Anyone I would take seriously say the only reason they bought a Glock was because of rappers?

None Never.

To be fair though how much crap do 1911 owners take for thier pistol choice?

Its an antique
    Its ammo picky
    Its heavy
    It has limited capacity
    The safties suck and get in the way
    They are too expensive and only expensive ones work
    James Yeager says 1911s suck so it must be so

I own 1911s and Glocks so I get it from both sides. I pretty much ignore people who tout thier gun as the best and keep on shooting what I have.

My point is find what works best for you and practice with it.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Have shot many different semi's... Did not have a problem delivering 'ordinance to the target' with any of them.

Really comes down to what I want it for and under what circumstances.

• Glocks are inexpensive (relatively speaking).
    • Parts are plentiful.
    • Rarely, if ever, have a FTF because of the gun. Even under adverse weather conditions. (it can be trusted)
    • Though I OC regularly, my gun is not a fashion accessory. If it looks like a 2x4 or 'block', I could care less as long as it fires when I hit the 'bang' switch and the bullet goes where I point it.
    • Carry what works for you based on physical abilities, economic concerns, and 'bling level' if that floats your boat. I trust my Glock to answer the call and that is all that matters (to me).
    • If we ever end up fighting a common enemy, and you are carrying a Glock 9mm, I'l have extra magazines loaded and ready for your use! :draw:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I don't mind Glocks......I just refuse to OC one...for the sake of the community. It would be like Roseann Barr in a thong. Some things AREN'T meant to be seen. ;)

Top Bottom