Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    What dorms did he enter?
    Heard Dehority and Woodward.
    The latter may have the food area.

Banned for life, from BSU............to think that just packing a gun/ or holster............could win such a grand prize.

Woodworth which does have food. You can still get into the main lobby of most dorms without an ID up to a certain time.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Not anywhere. Some places require an eviction or some type of hearing. If you have no contractual interest (ie, you pay rent) and it's not public land...then usually the answer is yes, if the owner or an agent tells you too scoot, failure to scoot or returning is trespass.

I know a fellow, now dead, that was such a giant PITA he got trespassed from a hospital.

Wow. Did not know that. I frequently am on a college campus and carry concealed. Now I know to make sure not to make a statement by carrying openly.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    The Regents/Trustees/etc and the President or Chancellor are delegated certain powers, but it is abhorrent that they use them to suppress certain rights contained in the 1A (like "safe spaces" or "First Amendment Zones") and 2A (GFZs), among others.

Can you imagine the chaos of a campus without these things? I doubt there'd be much learning going on with the fundamentalist preachers screaming from the steps of every building.

I agree with the 1A zones, simply because some folks can be *very* annoying with their views, be it Brother Jed or some hippie wearing a Che t-shirt spouting Marx...

Alexis Machine

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    NorthWest of Indy
    I graduated from Ball State. It is a hole. Woodworth has a dining service and so does Dehority complex. Woodworth is right off of Riverside but has no outlet. Dehority is right down the road. There are a bunch of dorms in this area. Thousands of precious snowflakes live in a very small area.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Can you imagine the chaos of a campus without these things? I doubt there'd be much learning going on with the fundamentalist preachers screaming from the steps of every building.

I agree with the 1A zones, simply because some folks can be *very* annoying with their views, be it Brother Jed or some hippie wearing a Che t-shirt spouting Marx...

I have witnessed a fundamentalist preacher expressing his views on what was clearly BSU property. He was in the Quad area. They didn't have the BSU PD trespass him or ban him from the property. He was there two or three days in a row.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Seems to me that an ambitious and ultimately positioned successful attorney would have already had a conversation with this "test case" !

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well between this and the Purdue thread, along with all the Starbucks and Target threads et al I am certainly going to conceal carry more when not in my familiarity zone.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe this will help us to FOCUS on getting campus carry passed. We seem to have forgotten about it in lieu of the much more controversial and difficult to pass constitutional carry.

We need to take small steps to eliminate ALL gun free zones in Indiana. Including, maybe most of all, the federally mandated.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Maybe this will help us to FOCUS on getting campus carry passed. We seem to have forgotten about it in lieu of the much more controversial and difficult to pass constitutional carry.

We need to take small steps to eliminate ALL gun free zones in Indiana. Including, maybe most of all, the federally mandated.

What are you proposing? How much less illegal can we possibly make it to carry on college campuses?

marmion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Texas just started allowing campus carry. They've had zero problems and likely will not have any in the future. That is unless of course liberals try to sabotage it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    What are you proposing? How much less illegal can we possibly make it to carry on college campuses?

And outright ban of them being able to trespass me off would be a good start

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    How would adding such a law advance Liberty?

That seems to predispose that the objective of law is to advance liberty. Is that your position?

Is it your position that some laws do and others don't?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    And outright ban of them being able to trespass me off would be a good start

I wouldn't support a total ban. Private universities should be able to choose for themselves. Public universities, however, should have their hands tied in this matter.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Citizens should be free from repercussions for taking steps to defend themselves. Publicly funded institutions should not have the power to deny students or visitors this basic right.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I wouldn't support a total ban. Private universities should be able to choose for themselves. Public universities, however, should have their hands tied in this matter.

Well I admit my comments are in regards to this and the Purdue threads. Private university were not on my radar.

Top Bottom