• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    "President Bashar al-Assad said that the statements by the US administration, the West and other countries were made with disdain and blatant disrespect of their own public opinion, adding that "there isn't a body in the world, let alone a superpower, that makes an accusation and then goes about collecting evidence to prove its point."
    Read more at Bashar al-Assad: ?Syria Will Never Become A Western Puppet State?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Honestly if we had an agenda I wouldn't put the CIA staging a chemical attack out of the realm of possibility. We do dishonest things all the time to facilitate war (Lusitania, Gulf of Tonkin, WMD's in Iraq). I'm also skeptical how al-Assad could think using chemical weapons could possibly help his cause.
    That being said I take the story we are getting at face value. Mainly because, other than Obama's stupid red line remark, I don't think there's a reason to get involved no matter what goes on.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Its interesting that all of these "terrorists" seem to deny committing war crimes and then tell the public that the USA/West are actually the ones responsible.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    None of the large news stations are talking about it. This is Muslims killing all Christians. It's a Genocide. But nobody is talking.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    ABC News reported last night: The White House announced that there was no possible way that the gas attacks came from anybody other than Assad. They attempted to prove a negative by declaring that nobody else has the capability.

And now a war will commence to topple Assad and install a pro-NWO puppet government.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    560501_10153142415800462_2056958244_n.jpg

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Honestly if we had an agenda I wouldn't put the CIA staging a chemical attack out of the realm of possibility. We do dishonest things all the time to facilitate war (Lusitania, Gulf of Tonkin, WMD's in Iraq). I'm also skeptical how al-Assad could think using chemical weapons could possibly help his cause.
    That being said I take the story we are getting at face value. Mainly because, other than Obama's stupid red line remark, I don't think there's a reason to get involved no matter what goes on.
    I have a question, for ANYBODY..... How come when Bush was Pres., there were "no" WMD's????? BUT NOW that we have a DEM., Pres., there are WMD's, and we are going to attack ?????

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have a question, for ANYBODY..... How come when Bush was Pres., there were "no" WMD's????? BUT NOW that we have a DEM., Pres., there are WMD's, and we are going to attack ?????

I think because the media decided to convince the public that Iraq posed a threat to the US, haven't decided to do that with Syria...for whatever reason.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Has anyone considered that Saddam Hussein probably sent all the WMDs that he allegedly had to Syria before our invasion? This gas may be from Iraq originally. - Just a thought and no, I don't have any link to cite. As I said, just a thought.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Has anyone considered that Saddam Hussein probably sent all the WMDs that he allegedly had to Syria before our invasion? This gas may be from Iraq originally. - Just a thought and no, I don't have any link to cite. As I said, just a thought.

I don't think it's the gas itself as much as it's the equipment and know how to produce their own gas. We didn't send Saddam gas but we did send him the 'dual use' technologies necessary to produce the gas.

indyjack

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    I think because the media decided to convince the public that Iraq posed a threat to the US, haven't decided to do that with Syria...for whatever reason.

because that might start a debate, and the media doesn't want a debate, they want to decide for you who's guilty and who's not.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Chemical Warfare in Syria - Staged to Incriminate the Regime and Create the Pretext for U.S. Military Action? | Police State USA
    Syrian leader denies launching gas attacks, says that foreign agents are helping militants in order to create a "Western Puppet State"

SYRIA — Days after evidence of a chemical attack in Syria was exposed to the world, foreign governments have been beating their war-drums and taking steps toward military intervention to topple the Syrian government, leaving critics to wonder if the al-Assad regime was truly responsible for the attacks.

Why would Bashar Al-Assad risk regime suicide by attacking his own people with chemical weapons, knowing full well that the United States would use any such attack as an excuse for military adventurism? Wouldn’t any leader have to be certifiably insane to use chemical weapons on his own capitol city?

Much of the interview is spent justifying economic connections between Syria and Russia. In the end, Assad specifically describes the proxy states –- all US allies — being used to spread terrorism into Syria:
    “…there are particular countries that have directly mobilised and buttressed terrorism in Syria. Predominantly Qatar and Turkey in the first two years; Qatar financed while Turkey provided logistical support by training terrorists and streaming them into Syria. Recently, Saudi Arabia has replaced Qatar in the funding role. To be completely clear and transparent, Saudi Arabia has nothing but funding; those who only have money cannot build a civilisation or nurture it. Saudi Arabia implements its agenda depending on how much money it commands…”

Assad also made a defiant statement of independence to global superpowers. For better or worse, he intends to keep Syria’s sovereignty intact, avoiding becoming what he calls a “Western Puppet State.”
    “To be very precise, I am referring to the West and not all world leaders, if these western leaders are looking to achieve their interests, they need to listen to their own constituents and to the people in this region rather than seeking to install ‘puppet’ leaders, in the hope that they would be able to deliver their objectives. In doing so, western policy may become more realistic in the region.
    Our message to the world is straightforward: Syria will never become a Western ‘puppet’ state. We are an independent country; we will fight terrorism and we will freely build relationships with countries in a way that best serves the interests of the Syrian people.” -- Bashar al-Assad

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Rand Paul asks :

"Well, it seems like there's some evidence that there were chemical weapons, I think we're sort of all coming around to agreeing with that—but even [then] I'd like to see some evidence. But then secondly I'd like to see what is the evidence of who set these off, you know? [...]
    Pat Buchanan the other day asked in one of his essays, he said the Latin phrase cui bono, to whose benefit does this redound? I think it's a pretty important question. This is of absolutely no benefit to Assad. If you were Assad would you set off chemical weapons? No—the whole world now is interested in coming in and attacking him. It makes absolutely no sense from a logical point of view. There was no sort of major assault where he was getting ready to be wiped out. I don't know why he would use chemical weapons."
    Rand Paul: 'If you were Assad would you set off chemical weapons? No.' - Hit & Run : Reason.com

He makes a pretty good point, what possible reason could Assad have for using chemical weapons? Tens of thousands were dying for years in the civil war before anyone felt compelled to get involved, why would he possibly think gassing people would be worth it, even if he felt there was only a slight chance it would cause the stir it has? The rebels weren't on the verge of winning, there was no logical reason to use chemical weapons.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Who benefits?

US Military, military contractors, power hungry authoritarians, Al Qaida, Islamist rebels, and the rest of the chaos loving communists.

Top Bottom