• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I have always respected Reagan as a president. But that law he signed in '86 is the gift that keeps on giving, and not in a good way. It seems every time one of these screwed up policies comes up, it's basis for legitimacy is found in this law, or the '34 NFA. At least the '86 law didn't create the BATFE monster, but it did shoot it up with steroids.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I hate this attitude people get, that "it doesn't effect me, so, meh. The government can infringe on everyone but me." I think m855 is crap, Ive used enough in the Army, so it doesn't have a novelty to me, and the studies have born out it doesn't defeat barriers all that well, and it has lousy terminal ballistics. But if the BATFE decided to ban low brass 2 3/4 12 ga shells, would it be ok if I didn't care? I don't shoot trap or skeet, and I don't do any bird hunting. So it doesn't effect me. The point is, these pricks arbitrarily run rough shod over our sport, just to keep themselves awake after lunch on a Tuesday. In no universe am I ok with that, even though I could care less about m855.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I don't shoot green tip so meh...

I have some already but it isn't the cheapest stuff. I don't really see this as a bad thing... other than the fact that I hate it when an Executive Order changes things. BHO needs to get impeached if you ask me making all these laws by fiat

I only hunt with a single-shot break open rifle, so none of this AR stuff concerns me...

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    And while I agree it's bull****, it's happened before. Black talon anyone?

Black Talon is not illegal and never was. Winchester just stopped making it because all of the bad press. That dangerous black coating (Lubalox) and that dip head who used it in a shooting, it was just better PR to quit making it.

Then they came out with the Ranger SXT ammo, no black lube, and things were okay again

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Congress needs to halve BATFE's funds. Every year. For the next ten years.

Let no President ever be in this position again, as BATFE will be hard-pressed just to 'man' the phones.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Read the link, they're all over the place trying to justify this nonsense. FBO. I'm pissed.

More of the electorate should be.
    If the letter of the law was followed he and holder would be in deep doo-doo let alone his complete and total disregard for the constitution.

There is a money stream hidden in here somewhere.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hate this attitude people get, that "it doesn't effect me, so, meh. The government can infringe on everyone but me." I think m855 is crap, Ive used enough in the Army, so it doesn't have a novelty to me, and the studies have born out it doesn't defeat barriers all that well, and it has lousy terminal ballistics. But if the BATFE decided to ban low brass 2 3/4 12 ga shells, would it be ok if I didn't care? I don't shoot trap or skeet, and I don't do any bird hunting. So it doesn't effect me. The point is, these pricks arbitrarily run rough shod over our sport, just to keep themselves awake after lunch on a Tuesday. In no universe am I ok with that, even though I could care less about m855.

+10 rep inbound sir.
    Well said.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    This is terrible. I love m855. Other than my reloads, it the best grouping ammo I have ever used. I'm going to do everything I can to fight this.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I guess its time to place an order of .223/556 ammo.. try to get to it before it skyrockets. When are our legislators going to pull their heads from their asses and get ride of Barry?! I mean really, what is it going to take?!

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So if that crap passes, how long until we see people painting the tips of "regular" ammo and selling fake ss109/m855 at stupid prices?

Oh, I'm sure some will pop up at gunshows... It is quite easy to spot the difference between the ogive differences between 55gr and 62 gr... The problem though is not all 62 gr is M855.

Not all M855 have the green tip also... The British ( Radway Green) is plain tip, but has the penetrator.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I just checked gun broker, and all the M855 under 45 cents per round has been gobbled up (there was lots available last week). The average price right now seems to be about 60 cents. How long do you think it will be before it hits $1.00 per round?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    "Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
    -Daniel Webster

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
    -William Pitt

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    -C.S. Lewis

Top Bottom