• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Great news. Got an email from GOA earlier today.

Next step is to thank the Congress members who signed the letter, and push to get M855 removed from the "armor piercing" list.

If someone can get a bill going to change that classification to reflect federal law, the ATF and Obummer wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

It's not over, but this is a big first step. Sign the petition anyways, if you haven't, urge Congress to take M855 and similarly designed ammo off the list, urge them to stop any future attempt at the ban, urge them to change wording such as "for sporting purposes", and urge them to disband the ATF.

Will be sending an email to Coats tomorrow.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Please remember the pirate's who jacked up their price the day after the ATF announcement, and send your business elsewhere. You do realize that the manufacturers did not increase their price.

I removed myself from a couple of lists and told them exactly why they will receive no more business from me.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Please remember the pirate's who jacked up their price the day after the ATF announcement, and send your business elsewhere. You do realize that the manufacturers did not increase their price.

I removed myself from a couple of lists and told them exactly why they will receive no more business from me.

To be fair, most distributors/wholesalers DID raise their prices. That said, how much did the retailers raise the price on their existing stock? Was it just enough to stop the eeeeevvvvil flippers (because it wasn't worth their time at the newly raised prices) or did they go full monte CTD style? To be honest, I don't really care because I believe in free markets, including your right to shop wherever you please, but a company that is out-of-stock and leaves a low price tag on the empty shelf really doesn't help anything. It just makes some people feeeeeelllll better. I'm reminded of another thread where it was pointed out that liberals are ruled by emotion/feelings...make of that and this situation what you will.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Any item is worth what the next unit will cost to buy, not what it costs to make nor what it cost to buy in the first place. It makes me sad to see people who supposedly love freedom turn anti-freedm (economic freedom) the second something doesn't benefit them. I'd like one day for someone to sell their house based on what they paid for it (because it's price-gouding to base it on market costs) rather than on the comps and what they think they can get for it. Why should a retail store sell out their stock for pre-panic prices only to see it selling on Gunbroker for three times as much 'cause the guy that bought them out just flipped it. Pure and poor. Grow up.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    dT1hSFIwY0Rvdkx6TmpMVzFoYVd4amIyMHRiSGhoTG5ObGNuWmxjaTVzWVc0dmJXRnBiQzlqYkdsbGJuUXZhVzUwWlhKdVlXd3ZZWFIwWVdOb2JXVnVkQzlrYjNkdWJHOWhaQzkwWVhSME1GOHhMUzB0ZEcxaGFURXpZMkUxWW1FNE5UUTROMlU1TmpBN2FuTmxjM05wYjI1cFpEMDJSalZEUmtSRk1rRTBPVGd6UVROQ00wUTBNamt4TmtJeU0wWTVPRVl5T0MxdU1pNXNlR0V3TldJXyZ3PTgwMCZoPTYwMCZxPTc1JnQ9MTQyNjI1MTA1NA__

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    And so it continues...

ATF raises new concerns about AR-15 ammo | WashingtonExaminer.com

ALL 556 ammo is a problem.

Is .223 that much 'less' powerful? They said they didn't target the less powerful .223 round?

Damn it...I want an AR now. :( They keep saying I can't have one....now I want one...which will become a safe queen.

The more I read articles like this, the more convinced I am that the people charged with regulating guns and ammo have no idea what the hell they're regulating or how they actually work. If they did, they'd know that any .223 or 5.56 cartridge, and any centerfire rifle round will go through police armor whether or not it's AP.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The more I read articles like this, the more convinced I am that the people charged with regulating guns and ammo have no idea what the hell they're regulating or how they actually work. If they did, they'd know that any .223 or 5.56 cartridge, and any centerfire rifle round will go through police armor whether or not it's AP.

You end up with the same result whether the cause is ignorance or malice.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    And thus, want to ban it all.

This will go challenged even harder. Manufacturers would get in on it too. If they attempt to ban and entire caliber of ammo they will be directly contrasting the Constitution. Arms means guns, ammo, swords, etc.

Yea I know the Constitution won't stop them from trying, but there was so much opposition to one specific type of bullet, can you imagine the opposition to an entire caliber? Its clear what they are trying to do, and all of the Congress members who signed the letters can see right through it.

The sporting purposes bull :poop: may even bite them back in this situation, and they rely on that to pass unconstitutional garbage. M193, for example is primarily for training in the military, if used at all. What the heck do they think its for when citizens use it? And thats their own wording that could make it hard for them to argue.

I say if there is any chance of disbanding the ATF, it will be as a response to a potential all out caliber ban.... I hope I'm right.

Keep writing people.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

You end up with the same result whether the cause is ignorance or malice.

An important aspect of administrative law is that courts will defer to agency regulations, as they presume the agencies possess expertise in their subject matter. It seems to me the ATF is teetering at the edge of losing the benefit of that presumption, were they to be challenged in court on eg M855.

Cut the Gordian Knot, just defund the ATF. 10% per annum.

Jones' opening statement about the number of USA gun prosecutions in Chicago was hilarious.

We need a bumper sticker, "Don't ban 5.56, ban the BATFE" Designs, anyone?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seems to me that the BATF is flailing about trying to hang on to their ever decreasing control over a bloated, rudderless agency that is taking on water. Time to turn up the heat a notch.

Top Bottom