• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Seems to me that the BATF is flailing about trying to hang on to their ever decreasing control over a bloated, rudderless agency that is taking on water. Time to turn up the heat a notch.

Hopefully it bites them in the butt. They caught a lot of flak for the proposal, if they rework a new proposal of a caliber ban, which they have even less power to do since 5.56 as a whole is not just removing an exemption, its flat out defying Federal law.

As long as Congress doesn't allow it to happen, but ATF tries anyways, it could be the final nail for our beloved bureau, or at least garner more support to disband them.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I find it interesting that the most cynical/forward thinking people here on INGO predicted that BATFE would come after all 5.56mm ammo next. I also recall some other people mocking those who we stocking up on M193 and the other flavors of 5.56mm ammo. Frankly, I think people should stock up on ANY ammo or components that they use or plan to use at some point. There really is no predicting what BATFE will do next, except that whatever it is, it will be bad for gunowners.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I find it interesting that the most cynical/forward thinking people here on INGO predicted that BATFE would come after all 5.56mm ammo next. I also recall some other people mocking those who we stocking up on M193 and the other flavors of 5.56mm ammo. Frankly, I think people should stock up on ANY ammo or components that they use or plan to use at some point. There really is no predicting what BATFE will do next, except that whatever it is, it will be bad for gunowners.

There is some for 45¢ ea in classifieds right now........ :shady:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    IIRC that little dustup that happened a few towns over from me actually started from someone trying to seize the powder, not the actual firearms......
    Purple where needed.......

Oh and now I want an AR. The only thing stopping me is the $1,100 MA legal versions that are $550-700 everywhere else......

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Even though I finally have an AR I won't shoot it as much due to all the times I did while serving. I still have a decent pile built up and will continue to buy till I get into reloading it and then maybe I will start shooting it more like W186654.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    So, is this the reason they backed off on the M855 ban? Why fight to kill 5.56 ammo twice?

Seems that way. I think they will be disappointed to see the backlash of a full caliber ban.

Couldn't the ATF be banned on the same grounds they always try to use? They aren't being used as intended. They love the word "intent" so much, shouldn't be too hard to argue the ATF "intends" to destroy the 2nd Amendment.

Last edited:

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    One thing to remember is that they are relentless, they will not stop & will have to be defeated on every attempt. A push & outcry to dissolve the BATFE may have a significant impact, then again it may cause a retaliatory response from them to "punish" the surfs for having the audacity to attempt to take them from power.

If 5.56 does happen to get banned, I see .223+p becoming popular.

Seriously though, if they do succeed in getting 5.56 banned, .308 (because of popularity in AR style platform rifles) or magnum calibers will be on the planning table for the next one.

They couldn't care less about the safety of police, if they did they would start with prosecution of felons that attempt to buy firearms which have virtually a -0- prosecution rate according to the last data I have seen. (correct me if I am wrong and please provide a source of data)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So, is this the reason they backed off on the M855 ban? Why fight to kill 5.56 ammo twice?

This is just a part of their very very smart shell game. The other part is all the racism BS.
    If these things dominate the news and our conversations, what aren't we talking about? What are we getting done with our majorities in congress and positive look to 2016?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The more I read articles like this, the more convinced I am that the people charged with regulating guns and ammo have no idea what the hell they're regulating or how they actually work. If they did, they'd know that any .223 or 5.56 cartridge, and any centerfire rifle round will go through police armor whether or not it's AP.

No, they know EXACTLY what they're trying to do.
    The goal is to disarm Americans so they can put chains on them. They want control and power over the masses. They do not want a free man standing up for freedom.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    They keep attacking from all over the place. I'm wondering if this ammo ban stuff is related to the AR pistol arm brace dust up a few weeks ago. They keep poking around the edges looking for a soft spot.

It's part of it, but I think it is more than that. The BATFE has been made to look bad on pretty much every firearms related thing they've done or tried to do over the last 6 years and they are tired of it. That's why they are probing around everywhere and starting to flail all around in a panicked fashion.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What You Need to Know About the Armor-Piercing Bullet Controversy - Bloomberg Business

"What You Need to Know About the Armor-Piercing Bullet Controversy"

Wow.
    It almost tries to make sense.
    But then fails.

But is this really an important battle? The AR-15-type handguns in question are relatively expensive, heavy, and about two feet in length. You haven't read much about them because they're not turning up at crime scenes. Green tips, moreover, haven't contributed discernibly to shooting waves, let alone skeins of cop killings. (I'm unaware of a single police shooting that involved the ammo in question; if you know of one, please point it out.) If bad guys want to use rifle ammunition to kill police officers, they can do so right now – and they have a vast array of rounds to choose from.

[h=2]Of course, the NRA is distorting matters[/h]The gun-owners' lobby thrives on hyperbole. That's what causes gun owners to reach for their checkbooks. Celebrating his victory, the gun group's executive vice president, Wayne LaPierre, reminded dues payers to remain at the barricades. "Every gun owner in America needs to understand Barack Obama's hatred of the Second Amendment has not changed," he said in a prepared statement. "We will remain vigilant and continue to fight against President Obama's attempt to dismantle the Second Amendment."
    If anything, Obama has been notably tentative on gun control.

Of course. Because the Pres has been unsuccessful, he is just "tentative".

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Anyone heard of this ruling?
    VICTORY on the M855 Ban? WAIT! Predatory Behavior of "Lions" Explained...: https://youtu.be/0ITr_9Avm3I
    [video=youtube;0ITr_9Avm3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=0ITr_9Avm3I[/video]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom