• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I will say from experience using the 92 as a duty gun, IF you have/get the Vertex or new 92a1/m9a1 the one MUST DO is get the aftermarket metal trigger. The polymer trigger on the newer Beretta Vertec's and 92a1/m9a1 will eventually break. And by break I mean they will eventually develop a groove that is cut into them by the trigger return spring and it will not shoot. Trigger keeps coming back and nothing.

This is the only thing that breacks on our Vertec's. The metal trigger ones have no issues. And the Military M9's I never saw a trigger issue.

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    I have both. Both are great pieces. You won't go wrong with either one. The biggest factor may be how it feels in your hand. The 92 has a large grip. It does not fit my smaller hands as well. The CZ fits my hand much better. If you have larger hands, the Beretta may be a better fit.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have both. Both are great pieces. You won't go wrong with either one. The biggest factor may be how it feels in your hand. The 92 has a large grip. It does not fit my smaller hands as well. The CZ fits my hand much better. If you have larger hands, the Beretta may be a better fit.

I agree completely with you, for stock guns. For the CZ though, if you do have larger hands, buying the Hogue wrap around rubber grip makes it very comfortable, very controllable and makes the extremely soft shooting gun feel even more so. They run about $15 - $20 and take a few minutes to install.

CZ%2075b_zpsqeetfoor.jpg

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster

:lol2: man I luv your icon!!!! wonder if they are going to do a HilLIARy one, I just hope she doesn't get to see the White House again. sorry for the :hijack:, but still agree a CZ 75 Omega edition is a better choice.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I say if getting a CZ get the 85 because left handed shooters lives matter. I own the 92F, 75 pre B , and 85. I like them all and would have a hard time parting with any of them if i ever had too.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I think the 75B has higher capacity than the Beretta and it's slimmer with a better feeling grip... IMHO at least.
    both are good, but the 75B is a better choice.
    Best thing to do is rent both and shoot both and see what you think.
    If you get the 75B, get the Omega version. Better trigger and easier/cheaper to upgrade the internals if you ever want to do that.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Just keep in mind there is no short reach kit for the omegas. If you want a shorter reach d/a, you can't do anything about it with the omega.

I think the 75B has higher capacity than the Beretta and it's slimmer with a better feeling grip... IMHO at least.
    If you get the 75B, get the Omega version. Better trigger and easier/cheaper to upgrade the internals if you ever want to do that.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Don't be mistaken, I like CZ they make an awesome firearms as does Beretta.

If I had to make a decision on the 75 or the 92, Id say the 92 is a better outta the box handgun FOR ME. Ive had them both currently own neither.

Buy a 92 be HAPPY
    Buy a 75 be HAPPY

Both are great shooters.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Beretta is offering 17 round mags as a standard option to the 92 and it is the same length (plus or minus a miniscule) as the military version. I might add SIG has upped the capacity to 15 rounds from 13 in the 228/229 mags as well.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Beretta is offering 17 round mags as a standard option to the 92 and it is the same length (plus or minus a miniscule) as the military version. I might add SIG has upped the capacity to 15 rounds from 13 in the 228/229 mags as well.
    That's accurate. My 92 came with flush 17 round mags. I also have 20 and 30 round MecGar mags for it.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    CZs tend to multiply, Berettas do not. You can reach your own conclusions about that. ;)

correct. The 1 92 I had never multiplied. The one CZ I have somehow turned into 3.

To me, the CZ feels better in the hand and shoots a lot better. Nothing wrong with 92 if you go that route

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Don't be mistaken, I like CZ they make an awesome firearms as does Beretta.

If I had to make a decision on the 75 or the 92, Id say the 92 is a better outta the box handgun FOR ME. Ive had them both currently own neither.

Buy a 92 be HAPPY
    Buy a 75 be HAPPY

Both are great shooters.

You find happy on the inside. You may be satisfied with either pistol.

My choice is the CZ75. My 3 are pre-b models. Also a .40 S&W Rami in the stable..
    My boys are 6'7" and 6'9" with huge hands and the Beretta fits them better.
    My personal beef with the Beretta is it is a more complicated detail strip. More small parts to lose. More difficult disassembly.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    My Berettas have not only never multiplied, but ended up getting re-homed. I never fell in love with the platform. I don't think about them, and wonder how they're doing or miss them. I have sold a CZ or two that I think fondly about, however.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    You find happy on the inside. You may be satisfied with either pistol.

My choice is the CZ75. My 3 are pre-b models. Also a .40 S&W Rami in the stable..
    My boys are 6'7" and 6'9" with huge hands and the Beretta fits them better.
    My personal beef with the Beretta is it is a more complicated detail strip. More small parts to lose. More difficult disassembly.
    Maybe they've changed over the years, but my 92 is very easy to take down and has the same amount of parts as any of my other pistols.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm a cz owner but...

I've always wanted a 92 but for whatever reason just never went looking for one. They are certainly around. I'm sure I will get one at the right opportunity.

I have a few Tanfoglios, so they're kind of an Italian cz...

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Looking at purchasing a full size 9mm and have narrowed down to the Beretta 92 or the CZ 75. Is one better than the other? Comments welcome in helping make a decision.

I've only got 50 rounds through my new Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical, and I knew in the first few rounds this was the best handgun I've ever fired. Mine has the optional Wilson Combat trigger tune, and the trigger is simply amazing. The combat sights are fast and accurate, too.

I don't know about the CZ. I've never even held one. All I can say is that as of today, I have a new favorite gun of all time.

As far as take down, I find it easier to remove the slide than my Glocks. I don't have to do a wierd hold on the frame to depress the take down levers. Looks simple to me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom