• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Possibly. But I like to put my money where my mouth is when it comes to the US economy, where possible.

Respectfully talking here. While that is a nice jesture with most companies being global (Beretta, Glock, Sig etc) they only have a few operations here so their home countries are still getting a large sum of rewards for it.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I thought Italian made Beretta pistols were the way to go ?

The Wilson Combat 92's are made in the USA and have the tightest tolerances they've ever had on a 92 or M9. The A3 is also made in the USA, and the tolerances appear to be in line with the Wilson Combat, from what I've read from Beretta nuts that have both.

A site administrator on Berettaforum.net has a bunch of 92's and said the WC is the tightest and is the only one that has no rattle or movement in the slide, of any kind. He said Bill Wilson of Wilson Combat specified the tolerances of the barrel to slide and the slide to frame, and they are tighter than any other, including Italy. Btw, the tolerances for standard production 92's are exactly the same as in the USA. The standard production guns are military grade weapons, so they are set to tolerances that are required for that level of reliability.

Here is a quote from him at http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=111356&page=15

"After handling this first hand, it's no ordinary 92G Brig. I've handled at least a dozen 92G-SD, 96G-SD pistols, and a half-dozen Elite II pistols. NONE even came close to how this slide, frame, and barrel all fit together."

Here is another quote from later in the thread:

"I don't have any feeler gauges, but I can tell you that the slide and barrel on an unfired 92G-SD will rattle when shaken, and the slide will rock back and forth slightly on the frame when manipulated. Same goes for every 92 Series pistol I have. They just have different amounts of movement. The WC Brig Tactical has no movement when manipulated, nor does the slide rattle when shaken."

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a Beretta with a little play in it. I doubt I could tell a difference between an Italian or US Beretta. All the parts would interchange with no issues, too. I'm not implying they are loose, either. The old beat to hell one that I once fired actually felt just fine, to me. Just not nearly as tight as the WC. It is TIGHT, in that it feels like one solid piece of metal.

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Own both, but if I had to choose one, it would be the CZ. 1. I like that the frame rides inside the slide on the CZ. 2. The CZ has a slimmer grip. 3. The CZ has a better trigger out of the box. 4. I do not like the safety/decocker location on the Beretta.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I have a a 92g and a cz75 shadow. Beretta is good but I have pretty much left my 92 in the safe since I got my cz75. Accessories and parts are better with the beretta. Just my opinions though.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Sold my Beretta and went with the CZ. Accurate, reliable pistol with excellent ergonomics. Enjoy shooting it more and don't mind the stock trigger. Only upgrade I plan on doing is installing a CZ-82 style front sight with a vertical white line.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I carried an M9 from 1990 to 2010. Great pistol. Never failed me. In that time, I never remember having a stoppage. I shot them on an Army shooting team, carried them in peace time, Homeland security operations, covert ops abroad and full blown combat operations. They will serve you well.
    I currently own a Beretta and a CZ 75, in the P07 flavor. I did a trigger job on my Beretta. It is sweet. Couldn't do that in the military, even in competition.
    The CZ is a great carry gun. I have not carried, shot, maintained it for 20 years though.
    I agree with others, shoot both and see which you prefer. Either will serve you well.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    How do the CGW changes on a CZ compare to the Wilson Combat work on a 92? I've heard they are pretty amazing guns when you get them back from Wilson.

Griz99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Carmel
    Thank you for all your comments and insights. I have bee researching and took actually tried each gun out. I believe I can not go wrong on this decision as I like both guns. I believe I am leaning toward the beretta as it fits. I will have both in my collection someday. Both wonderful guns. Thanks again.

Top Bottom