• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you do not care, I have never fit a new barrel bushing, is it a hard job? Is there always a noticeable improvement in reliability or accuracy (assuming correct fitment)?

Accuracy.....yes.
    Add a good trigger to this and enjoy the gun.
    If you do some measuring and look in Brownells you might find a bushing that will only require a small amount of fit up.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    A quality, properly fitted bushing will help with accuracy, but I doubt it'll make a giant difference over the factory one, and I doubt most people would notice it in a practical way. If you are shooting bullseye matches, probably, if you are shooting steel plates and cardboard targets, probably not. Most triggers get much better with time. I bought a stone from brownells years ago for $8 and it fits in the trigger track, a couple slides back and forth seems to help a lot. Ill gladly loan it to you if you want to try it. I wouldn't go crazy replacing any parts until after you have shot it least a couple thousand rounds, as I'm of the opinion that most guns will smooth in with a good bit of use. I like a super tight fitted gun as much as anyone, but just because the slide/frame fit isn't ultra tight, doesn't mean it won't shoot. My Kimber clunked when you waved it side to side and still shot 2" at 50 yards.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    A quality, properly fitted bushing will help with accuracy, but I doubt it'll make a giant difference over the factory one, and I doubt most people would notice it in a practical way. If you are shooting bullseye matches, probably, if you are shooting steel plates and cardboard targets, probably not. Most triggers get much better with time. I bought a stone from brownells years ago for $8 and it fits in the trigger track, a couple slides back and forth seems to help a lot. Ill gladly loan it to you if you want to try it. I wouldn't go crazy replacing any parts until after you have shot it least a couple thousand rounds, as I'm of the opinion that most guns will smooth in with a good bit of use. I like a super tight fitted gun as much as anyone, but just because the slide/frame fit isn't ultra tight, doesn't mean it won't shoot. My Kimber clunked when you waved it side to side and still shot 2" at 50 yards.

YES!!! this this this!!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

-A lot depends on the package you end up with out of the box. Bushing fit etc.
    -It also depends on what your expectations of the gun are.
    -Some folks are OK with what they get. Some are not.
    -I have done back to backs with a whole lot of folks and to a man/woman they all see/feel/experience the improvements.
    -These same people are also very happy with their OEM 1911's. Some have opted for improvements and some are just fine with what they have. It is a personal thing.
    -I do see them want to shoot from my range bag every chance they get though.........:)

Triggers will "shoot" in with time. There is no comparison to good ignition parts over MIM pieces. The improvements are just to obvious. Just filling the slide does little. Polishing every contact surface will do so much more. It is the best way to watch a football game or a NASCAR race.
    This is just my personal opinion of course.

I have had some clunkers that shoot pretty well. When a 1911 is in lock up it is a fairly accurate piece. Take out the clunk and it just gets so much better.
    Thing is, it gets better than I can shoot it.....:)

ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    I just bought a Para Expet and I love it,granted I only have couple hundred dowm the pipe but no problems so far and i picked it up for right at 500 brand new. Maybe something to look at

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    -A lot depends on the package you end up with out of the box. Bushing fit etc.
    -It also depends on what your expectations of the gun are.
    -Some folks are OK with what they get. Some are not.
    -I have done back to backs with a whole lot of folks and to a man/woman they all see/feel/experience the improvements.
    -These same people are also very happy with their OEM 1911's. Some have opted for improvements and some are just fine with what they have. It is a personal thing.
    -I do see them want to shoot from my range bag every chance they get though.........:)

Triggers will "shoot" in with time. There is no comparison to good ignition parts over MIM pieces. The improvements are just to obvious. Just filling the slide does little. Polishing every contact surface will do so much more. It is the best way to watch a football game or a NASCAR race.
    This is just my personal opinion of course.

I have had some clunkers that shoot pretty well. When a 1911 is in lock up it is a fairly accurate piece. Take out the clunk and it just gets so much better.
    Thing is, it gets better than I can shoot it.....:)

CM I know we have hashed this over several times and at this point I don't see either of us changing our views. If you bought a new Ruger CMD and say U didnt have all the parts and tools that you have ( I'm sure you have accumulated some fine tools) what can a guy expect to spend on YOUR improvements.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CM I know we have hashed this over several times and at this point I don't see either of us changing our views. If you bought a new Ruger CMD and say U didnt have all the parts and tools that you have ( I'm sure you have accumulated some fine tools) what can a guy expect to spend on YOUR improvements.

I knew you would be back.....:)
    Yeah, I have a lot of tools but that is part of the addiction.

Ignition parts can run $150 Avg through Brownells
    Barrel Bushing $20 Avg. same place.
    Paying for the work depends on who does it.
    Being a full blown addict I tend to put more parts into my guns but that is my addiction.

It is really OK if you like your guns as they are delivered. Many folks are just fine with this.
    I just know there is more to be had and I want it. I want it all.....:)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I knew you would be back.....:)
    Yeah, I have a lot of tools but that is part of the addiction.

Ignition parts can run $150 Avg through Brownells
    Barrel Bushing $20 Avg. same place.
    Paying for the work depends on who does it.
    Being a full blown addict I tend to put more parts into my guns but that is my addiction.

It is really OK if you like your guns as they are delivered. Many folks are just fine with this.
    I just know there is more to be had and I want it. I want it all.....:)
    I want it all as well. Most box guns need a lot of time and some are down right nasty out of the box.
    IF a gun needs the love on it I say do it. I can't stand a scratchy and inconsistent gun.
    Accuracy is so much better with a loved on gun. Personalizing anything a person likes usually gives better result.
    I shoot a lot of 1911s. There's nothing like a smooth and well fit 1911.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I want it all as well. Most box guns need a lot of time and some are down right nasty out of the box.
    IF a gun needs the love on it I say do it. I can't stand a scratchy and inconsistent gun.
    Accuracy is so much better with a loved on gun. Personalizing anything a person likes usually gives better result.
    I shoot a lot of 1911s. There's nothing like a smooth and well fit 1911.

Well, there was that really smooth and well fit red head that hung at the White front.........but I digress.

Top Bottom