Cabot_0204-e1339123994336.jpeg

^^Here is my vote!

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    for the money, the Ruger SR1911 is really tough to beat.
    Good trigger out of the box, reliable, accurate, 70-series, all standard 1911 parts (which makes for easy upgrades).

Grabagun.com has the 5" for $678 and the 4.25" for $646

The Sig Sauer 1911's are also great guns for the money.
    They are more money than the Ruger, but if you catch one on sale, they can be had for around $799
    I really like my 5" Sig Nightmare. I got it on sale for $799

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    All of their tolerances are so tight and exact from piece to piece, You can take a slide from one gun to another and it will still fit perfect.

Gee, just like the old GI guns :).

Kidding. I have gotten very skeptical on custom guns though, some of those folks seem great and some of them are flat out crooks.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Hmmm.

Start up in 2008, will they be there in 2020 if your gun turns into a turd after 5000 rounds or so?. 3 x the cost of a Les Baer. $2000.00 non-refundable deposit, regardless of how late they are on delivery I presume. No apparent ties to any shooting sports that would demonstrate durability. Did not find accuracy guarantees or examples of guns shot for xx,000 rounds with no issues. Did not find "unconditional lifetime warranty" written anywhere. But maybe I overlooked some stuff on their website, I sort of scanned a bit quickly.

They may be great guns, but I would have to get a whole lot more to make me warm & fuzzy before considering one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hmmm.

Start up in 2008, will they be there in 2020 if your gun turns into a turd after 5000 rounds or so?. 3 x the cost of a Les Baer. $2000.00 non-refundable deposit, regardless of how late they are on delivery I presume. No apparent ties to any shooting sports that would demonstrate durability. Did not find accuracy guarantees or examples of guns shot for xx,000 rounds with no issues. Did not find "unconditional lifetime warranty" written anywhere. But maybe I overlooked some stuff on their website, I sort of scanned a bit quickly.

They may be great guns, but I would have to get a whole lot more to make me warm & fuzzy before considering one.

Our very own S&B located in Indiana has shut it's doors.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For a good carry 1911, it's hard to beat the package Sig puts out. First, they are a reliable, quality 1911. But, they generally come with night sights, front strap checkering, extended thumb safeties, decent grips and mag wells. My Sigs are among the few 1911s I've owned that have needed nothing other than shot before I'd carry them.

Others have needed:

Colt: Night sights, reliability mods, plastic MSH replaced
    Remington: Night sights, front strap checkering
    Kimber: Night sights, plastic MSH replaced, skateboard tape on the front strap
    Springfield: Night sights, skateboard tape on the front strap.
    RIA: Grips, sights, front strap checkering, bag of spare springs if shot regularly.
    Ed Brown: Nothing

VSP1340

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    Greenwood
    Currently, I have a Sig, Colt, Kimber, and a Ruger. I really like them all. If I had $700 to spend I'd be grabbing another Ruger full size .... or maybe a new Springfield. 1911's are a fun hobby all by themselves. Don't sweat the first one too much, more will follow.

mikestripe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    seymour,in.
    I currently have 4 Springfields, a TRP a Loaded stainless a Range Officer full size and a Range Officer Compact all in 45 acp, next maybe a 9mm or 10mm , anyone know who makes a good 10mm

Top Bottom