Best Home Defense Handgun - To Glock or Not to Glock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Since you say you're "very new to owning firearms" and you already have a pistol for CCW and an AR for HD, I suggest buying training before getting another handgun.

But since you asked, I would get a glock 19 before a 17 because the 19 is a solid choice for either CCW or HD--and you can reload with glock 17 mags too. Having said that, I wouldn't suggest being limited to glocks. There are other pistols with very similar controls that might have better ergonomics etc for you.

Surprised to see this thread has lasted a year. :-)

New to owning firearms, but not new to firearms. I was an 11 Bang Bang in a previous lifetime (at least it feels like a lifetime ago!).

Thanks for all the responses guys. :ingo:

Mattdville16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2016
    Lizton
    Try a shield you may like the grip angle I have the 43 and shield the shield feels less snappy and real good prices rite now. Which later may change you to not have to feel you need another Glock.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I suggest you buy any Glock now. Then once you become a seasoned gun owner and grow beyond the one size fits all world of Glock, you can start buying pistols that actually fit your shooting style and taste.

Many of us here started with a Glock or two, but didn't end there once we were introduced to a plethora of firearms that fit us better.

Top Bottom