• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Works like a hole saw? Really? What would the revolutions per minute have to be for something to "hole saw" at the 1500 fps or so a 9mm at that weight is likely to see? 9mm is what, about a 1 in 10 twist rate? What rpm would that impart on the bullet?

Looks like yet another great way to kill the guy from septic shock 5 days after the shooting.

best I could figure is 108,000 RPM at the muzzle but I could be doing it wrong. Here is where I found the calculation, Calculating Bullet RPM ? Spin Rates and Stability « Daily Bulletin

Even with that hole saws keep spinning at a relatively constant rate to do their cutting, this bullet should stop spinning pretty quickly upon impact. So, the hole saw effect is probably minimal.

Im surprized no body has brought up the legal aspects, hollowpoints are one thing but this thing looks nasty and we all know what happens when something just looks scary.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    best I could figure is 108,000 RPM at the muzzle but I could be doing it wrong. Here is where I found the calculation, Calculating Bullet RPM ? Spin Rates and Stability « Daily Bulletin

Even with that hole saws keep spinning at a relatively constant rate to do their cutting, this bullet should stop spinning pretty quickly upon impact. So, the hole saw effect is probably minimal.

Im surprized no body has brought up the legal aspects, hollowpoints are one thing but this thing looks nasty and we all know what happens when something just looks scary.

agreed, I really dont see this or any other round acting like a hole saw. i think the "sales department" more then the "science department" added that to the description! we shall see i guess. i do like the idea of using modern tech to develop new ways to destroy home intruders.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This ammo looks like a anti-gun prosecutors wet dream. I'm just fine with the rounds I use now. Fmj will do the job too if that's all you have or wanna use.
    Besides were just shooting to 'stop the threat' right!?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All of my defensive 9mm is larger than the target rounds which are 115gr, my Federal is 147gr

Yeah, other than gimmick rounds, 9mm defensive ammo generally starts at 115gr and goes up from there. I carry 115gr Critical Defense now, but I've thought about going to the 135gr Critical Duty standard pressure.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Even with that hole saws keep spinning at a relatively constant rate to do their cutting, this bullet should stop spinning pretty quickly upon impact. So, the hole saw effect is probably minimal. ...

My M&P has a twist rate of 1:18.75" so in almost every circumstance (barring a high angle across the whole torso) the bullet will only complete less than one revolution in the body....and that's with no resistance. In reality, a lot less.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    This ammo looks like a anti-gun prosecutors wet dream. I'm just fine with the rounds I use now. Fmj will do the job too if that's all you have or wanna use.
    Besides were just shooting to 'stop the threat' right!?
    My thoughts exactly. I see "cop killers" again like the Black Talon was (wrongfully) hyped. Pick a good HP round and practice. Shot placement is key.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    My thoughts exactly. I see "cop killers" again like the Black Talon was (wrongfully) hyped. Pick a good HP round and practice. Shot placement is key.

This! it won't take long for these to be demonized as inhumane. They will go the way of the evil Black Talon (which was then reincarnated as the Ranger T-series Law enforcement round). The R.I.P. name will not work. Must have an unobtrusive name that will not upset the sensibilities of the public. Can't think of one right now.

Last edited:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Just wondering how they got Clint Eastwood to do the voice over. I was waiting for him to say " Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya?"

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This! it won't take long for these to be demonized as inhumane. They will go the way of the evil Black Talon (which was then reincarnated as the Ranger T-series Law enforcement round). The R.I.P. name will not work. Must have an unobtrusive name that will not upset the sensibilities of the public. Can't think of one right now.

You're right.
    They should call them "Fuzzy Bunnies".

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I sure would want to see some better data and real world results before I'd switch from the "tried and true". There is a lot to not go right consistently with that design.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    R.I.P. round from G2 Research

Any discussion on this round? I am assuming that this thread might be a dupe.

G2 Research

a_0.png

Only in 9mm but .45 ACP and .380 are coming.

Top Bottom