• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    M9 got a bum wrap with a lot of folks (including me for awhile) due to lousy magazines making them not run worth a poo in sandy conditions...when lots of them were being issued in sandy conditions. My factory Beretta mag would run with no problems. The two spares (Checkmate, IIRC) would reliably feed maybe 4 rounds before the follower stuck fast and it stopped feeding. The two spare mags were basically pez dispensers to shake cartridges in to your hand to reload your good magazine.

Perhaps that's the reason.

I would add that most things issued to Joe get a bum rap. Purdue has an entire research department dedicated to analyzing how Joe breaks and wears stuff out. Well, maybe that part isn't true. But somehow when something isn't totally Joe-proof, people hate on it.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Now, I've never been in combat myself, so with that said, the Beretta 92/M9 has been the absolute best 9mm full size handgun I've ever shot (and I've shot a lot of them). TO ME, it points the best, fits my hand the best, and is flat out the 9mm pistol I am the most accurate with (now, if we are talking about .45, that's a different question).

armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    I could give up all of my 9mm handguns (if I had to) but I would take my wilson combat/beretta 92g brigadier tactical to the grave with me. Absolutely love that gun

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Now, I've never been in combat myself, so with that said, the Beretta 92/M9 has been the absolute best 9mm full size handgun I've ever shot (and I've shot a lot of them). TO ME, it points the best, fits my hand the best, and is flat out the 9mm pistol I am the most accurate with (now, if we are talking about .45, that's a different question).

The goofy slide mounted safety was really the only thing that turned me off on Beretta. A decocker version would likely be fine. The Wilson Combat and likely the upcoming Langdon edition are quite tempting, though I'm too invested in logistics for my Sigs to want to branch out at this point.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The goofy slide mounted safety was really the only thing that turned me off on Beretta. A decocker version would likely be fine. The Wilson Combat and likely the upcoming Langdon edition are quite tempting, though I'm too invested in logistics for my Sigs to want to branch out at this point.

I have almost pulled the trigger on a Wilson Beretta for the same reason. But recently I have started eliminating the extra logistics you mentioned. So doubt I will ever buy one despite the 80s cool factor.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central

Good point. I would add that the open slide provides a nice pinch point with an over the top racking method and I've had a couple of blood blisters from the mag/magwell area also. The magazine release is a bit small as well, it sounds like I hate the M9, but I actually love the platform, it's my nighstand pistol.

I was somewhat pleased to see the 92 getting some love on this thread, I was thinking perhaps I was an aging relic, hanging onto an outdated platform.

Yippee Ki Yay.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I like the m9 but hate that safety. I don't have or want anything that moves that direction. I hate to admit it in this thread about "best 9mm" but I bought a Taurus PT99. It's actually been a great gun. I've had it a very long time.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    You don't see people celebrating a Taurus failure, or a Ruger failure, or a Sig failure. When Glock has a problem, it's news and there's a reason.

1. Using the term "perfection" is just asking to be mocked

2. GLock fanboys that have a tourette's like condition in which every answer is "GLOCK!"

Name a NON GLOCK Pistol in 9mm?? GLOCK!!!
    Any suggestion on a non striker fired pistol?? GLOCK!!!
    What is the best shampoo?? GLOCK!!!
    Who was the 33rd President?? GLOCK!!!

Never mind the grief at the range when someone else has an issue with a firearm and there is assuredly going to be the response

"SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A GLOCK DUDE"

So, that being said, Glock 17 is my all time favorite sidearm, but I don't tell other people that it's the only pistol in the world, or that it's problem free. It's not.

2 cents.

Maybe because it would be a never ending celebration. :):

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    If you're looking at high end Sig's then I suggest you go with the P226 Legion. By far the best Handgun I've ever owned or shot.

This guy gets it. Love my p226 legion. Have owned and sold/traded a lot of handguns but there are two that Ill never part with. The Legion is one of them.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    If you are ever in the Avon/Brownsburg area and want to try more than a few 9mm's let me know. You bring the ammo and I'll bring some guns for you to try (including some Glocks). A few of my favorites are the VP9LE, SIG P320 and Walther PPQ. I even have a Canik which will surprise you!
    Dan

My Canik Tp9sa surprises everyone that shoots it, even Glock fanboys love the trigger and reset on the Canik. Rumor has it they are working on a "Compact" model as well.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Have you considered a G**** 19?

scratch-head01-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000414-fbook.gif

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I bought my TP9sa used, it came with 2 mags, then I bought 2 more mags, then bought 2 different new holsters, and STILL have less in it than a G-Lock would cost me :p

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    My Canik Tp9sa surprises everyone that shoots it, even Glock fanboys love the trigger and reset on the Canik. Rumor has it they are working on a "Compact" model as well.

That would be awesome! I'd love a compact my fat butt could carry concealed.

Top Bottom