• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tapout4892

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2016
    New Albany
    You go for the sig sp2022. It's the poor mans version of the 226. It's lower polymer with all steel upper. Basically built like a glock. But feels great in the hand and cheaper than the 226.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Not really. Has more to do spongebob triggers and ergos.

You don't see people celebrating a Taurus failure, or a Ruger failure, or a Sig failure. When Glock has a problem, it's news and there's a reason.

1. Using the term "perfection" is just asking to be mocked

2. GLock fanboys that have a tourette's like condition in which every answer is "GLOCK!"

Name a NON GLOCK Pistol in 9mm?? GLOCK!!!
    Any suggestion on a non striker fired pistol?? GLOCK!!!
    What is the best shampoo?? GLOCK!!!
    Who was the 33rd President?? GLOCK!!!

Never mind the grief at the range when someone else has an issue with a firearm and there is assuredly going to be the response

"SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A GLOCK DUDE"

So, that being said, Glock 17 is my all time favorite sidearm, but I don't tell other people that it's the only pistol in the world, or that it's problem free. It's not.

2 cents.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You don't see people celebrating a Taurus failure, or a Ruger failure, or a Sig failure. When Glock has a problem, it's news and there's a reason.

1. Using the term "perfection" is just asking to be mocked

2. GLock fanboys that have a tourette's like condition in which every answer is "GLOCK!"

Name a NON GLOCK Pistol in 9mm?? GLOCK!!!
    Any suggestion on a non striker fired pistol?? GLOCK!!!
    What is the best shampoo?? GLOCK!!!
    Who was the 33rd President?? GLOCK!!!

Never mind the grief at the range when someone else has an issue with a firearm and there is assuredly going to be the response

"SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A GLOCK DUDE"

So, that being said, Glock 17 is my all time favorite sidearm, but I don't tell other people that it's the only pistol in the world, or that it's problem free. It's not.

2 cents.

Yep. Glock makes a fine pistol. I happen to like others more, but I recognize that's my own taste. For many people, they are the best choice. But I will always make fun of them, given a chance, for the exact reasons you stated.

Klanham5576

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    NE Indiana
    Give the Beretta PX4 a try. It's modelled after the old Cougars. One of the nice things about the PX4 is it comes in three sizes. I personally have the Compact, but the Full size is the same gun with more capacity.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    So basically we can all just agree on glock
    LOL, Fanboys make me laugh. Glocks suck. Period.

I really like my Sig P320, The P250 I bought first, well the DAO trigger is sort of long and drawn out. I MAY get myself some other hammer fired 9 but not for a while. I want to sell guns and not add more. I get the whole never sell a gun thing, lived that way and wound up with more calibers than I could afford to keep around. I grew tired of reloading them as well. I can only shoot them one or two at a time so it is time to have one or two of the four calibers I feel are most effective for my purposes, 9mm, 357, 223, 308.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Give the Beretta PX4 a try. It's modelled after the old Cougars. One of the nice things about the PX4 is it comes in three sizes. I personally have the Compact, but the Full size is the same gun with more capacity.
    Had a Cougar, it is at Carson's now. Wasn't something I cared for as it was ridiculously heavy.

I did find their action interesting though.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have my favorites, but they are my favorites. I have trusted my life to the Beretta 92 series, both in and out of uniform for a couple of decades. I can shoot them well, they are accurate, they are stupid reliable, they have great mag capacity, magazines are inexpensive, holsters are abundant. Do I need to continue. ;)
    The best thing to do is not get your mind set on a particular brand. Go to a shop(s) with a big selection. Pick them up, close your eyes, and raise them up to point at a "target". If you open your eyes and you are not looking down the sights, set it down and move on. When you find a few that point naturally, for you, take them to the range and do some live fire.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No! Don't criticize Glock triggers! Now we have to read the inevitable "my Glock's trigger is great!" routine from people who did a lot of work on their Glocks to be almost okay-ish.

There are folks who have mastered them. I will eventually... ;)

Gotta figure out how to run the gun that may end up being the only one you have access to. Wonder where I learnt that? Hmm...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Pretty generic response, but begs the question, why not the M9? Any particular reason?

M9 got a bum wrap with a lot of folks (including me for awhile) due to lousy magazines making them not run worth a poo in sandy conditions...when lots of them were being issued in sandy conditions. My factory Beretta mag would run with no problems. The two spares (Checkmate, IIRC) would reliably feed maybe 4 rounds before the follower stuck fast and it stopped feeding. The two spare mags were basically pez dispensers to shake cartridges in to your hand to reload your good magazine.

Perhaps that's the reason.

Top Bottom